Will I Need A Retune?

Cjafpv

• Member For: 11y 10m 29d

Yes first of all it needs a Dyno run, if everything is still running within safe margins then it's all good. If the car was tuned to a razors edge, any minor modifications that make the car flow more air into the motor which has not been tuned for may cause damage in the long run.

2nd Thing you need to ask if if a Retune for the added part will give more power with current boost the car is making, if the answer is yes and you want that extra power, then pay for a Retune.

Support the businesses that do the right thing by people, this one time I told it how it was about an exhaust shop that ripped me off and did a similar thing to what you said, and when I complained, the business owners told me "Us exhaust shops know eachother", then I said "What does that mean, what are you trying to say" Then they said in a convicting type of voice "Think about it", there are some thugs out there mate

• Like 1

• Member For: 9y 8m 28d

Yea mate your right there are some

Thugs out there but tbh I don't mind paying after all there called businesses not charity's but don't like being ripped off yea I've decided to leave it for now wait until I get some more cash together then do some more mods and make full advantage out of paying for a tune I think il just either see spiro this time or make the trip and see mic at pitlane. Either way I'm

Gonna get in on the heat exchanger buy through pitlane very shortly as well someone like them

I have no worry giving a few dollars to. :) funny thing is and no I won't say on a public forum who I felt did me wrong but they have a pretty decent name and rep and tbh I was surprised :/ but hey such is life. And lmao at the exhaust shop saying we all know eachother sounds like a line out of a mafia movie idk but made me imagine people chasing you with mufflers haha probs to late in the evening haah

• Member For: 17y 10m 28d

lol at the exhaust shop, but reality is it's no different to a customer saying the same thing, some shops do talk to each other and some customers are known by others for their behaviour

• 11 months later...
  • Member For: 10y 3m 13d

Rather than start a new thread.

My first mods to my MKII FG turbo will be the intake muffler delete which I have, the Herrod airbox and pod and then a cat back exhaust (probably twin 2.5" X Force, retaining the factory dump pipe and cat incl the restrictor ring. I have read that individually you do not need a tune for these but will having all 3 create any issues? The car is manual for what it's worth. I am clearly not chasing power gains, just a better sound. I have had a few turbo cars now and the muffled turbo and quite exhaust are something I want to enhance. Turbo side intake is not an option that I want.

Thanks.