Peppy's Build Thread

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 26d

Thanks guys, it's very exciting stuff haha I can't wait to drive her again lol..

still deciding Matty, I'll finish the engine and see what sort of mood I'm in haha, I'd love to do it, it's just a big stuff around if I get it wrong, I need to talk to some more people that have taken it on themselves

Hahahaa definitely won't be touching anyone else's anytime soon, but we can go through the process together if you like Matty

Is there anything else I should be thinking about for the build?

• Member For: 10y 4m 9d

Lpg injection, just to be different. Not sure if their are any big power T's on gas.

Put 74l in the AU for 50 bucks yesterday. Gets me like 400+ around town, its a 5l

Edited by barnz

Extremely tempting,I'd love to experiment with it, except I just spent good money setting up the fuel system, so I'll stick to an e10 every day tune, 98 for sh*ts and giggles and e85 for those competitive days haha, I have a feeling the sugar juice will be most common fuel choice haha

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

Hey mate great build thread !

Iam not sure how much u know on the porting side of things mate but like most things your tackling your doing it well

I can only but be supportive here and want to share a few tips because you can royally fook up a port n polish job quite quickly

Tip one a FG head ( intake ) can be wound out to ~315cfm

A FG manifold flows aprox 275cfm

A b series flows aprox 270cfm

So dont go to far as itl be a non gain situation on a stock intake, typical knife edging dividers are not always a good thing as well as polishing the surface to a smooth mirror is also a loss, you want to promote as much tumble/swirl as u can and taking meat off is not always to a gain situation....

Without a flow bench I would not touch it

That being said if u do have a flow bench go really slow and work the roof area ;)

Good luck mate and at the end of the day without data its a guess and can go backwards very quickly

Spool gears are fine

Girdle Is a good investment