Peppy's Build Thread

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 25d

So I'm finally getting around to doing a proper build thread, I've been on here for about a year and a half which is when I bought my BF2 XR6 turbo with a ZF box... The goal was to make it a quick street car, keep the 6 speed auto and do all or as much as possible myself..

I come from a mechanical upbringing starting in my dads cylinder head reconditioning and Performance shop, and then working on a top fueler as a part time job towards the end of school.. but now carpentry is my bread and butter (I was told it's better money)

8e8egumu.jpg

I bought the car off my dad stock with 110,000k's, when I got my hands on it a quick google search brought me to Intune's website (funny that)... But before doing any mods I got myself an a/f ratio gauge, oil pressure gauge and a boost gauge along with an innovate obd2 data logger to log as much as I could and monitor it in it's stock form, I ran a 14.0 at my first outing, which I wasn't very impressed with as I had run a 14.4 in my EB falcon..

Not long later I bought myself a "generic" tune in an x3 from our friends at intune, surprisingly it wasn't as bad as a lot of people have had... But I ran a best of 13.1 from memory

Shortly after I got myself a

Process West stage 2.2 + hotside kit

deka 60lb's

Walbro 400l

Eboost street

I Ported the wastegate, leaving the standard flap

Turbosmart 12psi actuator

ymaduqu5.jpg

hanytu2u.jpg

Installed all this and got another tune emailed to me to load into my X3, I asked him to leave the tune open so I could make minor adjustments through the x3 if necessary, it wasn't perfect but there were no big issues with it, aside from being quite rich at WOT (11.0).. I made some small spark adjustments and was using the eboost to control boost... Some time around then I hollowed out the cat, installed a PWR transmission heat exchanger, serviced the box and put a steel pan on it... I ran a best of 11.8@124 and was very impressed as I had spent minimal

Money, the car was still 100% reliable and my daily...

ygahu2e8.jpg

I told myself that was enough and stopped their..... Ummm no..

The standard turbo oil feed blocked up and stuffed the turbo due to my carelessness, forcing me to get a GTX3582 (what a shame)... I put a 38mm wastegate flap on my housing and ported it some more, then bought an x-force exhaust, 4"dump twin 2.5, got the exhaust manifold, rear turbo housing and the dump ceramic coated. Made up a tool to put a set of crow valve springs in (it broke putting in the last spring).. And got a Process West 4" race box and battery relocation..

8apuda5a.jpg

adane3ag.jpg

I built up enough confidence to purchase HP Tuners, this was the best thing I had done, slowly learning more mainly through trial and error and asking a few questions here and there, got it to idle smother, come on boost quicker and just over all feel better... I also got some x-Spurt 1000cc injectors to go down the almighty e85 path..

The next step was some wheels (19" GT 335 copy's) ssl king springs on the front and sssl's up the back, I decided to do a track day at Wakefield Park so looked into the handling side of things, Pat at Wholesale Suspension knew exactly what I needed, and organised me superpro bushes in all the right places, a front sway bar and a set of Koni reds...

Once that was done and I had been playing with the tune making more and more power so stopping comfortably was becoming an issue, I was looking into the K-Sport stuff but some how ended up with a brand new set of 6 pot Brembos haha, I got some t3 4000 series rotors and got conned into red stuff pads, their good for street duties but weren't too good on the track .. The car already came with the 328mm territory rears from factory just machined the rotors and put some ultimate pads on... What a difference all of this made to the overall feel of the car! It's a joy to drive and I was actually surprised with what it could do... For a first time ever throwing a car around a track and overpowering the small tight track I managed a 1:14.0

emutyny2.jpg

4a8yte9a.jpg

More recently I've upgraded the fuel system, I really wanted the KPM twin intank setup, being an early BF2 it still had the BA tank, I went to the effort of changing my tank for an FG one, it wasn't a huge job but it's not a 2minute job either.... I've gone back to the drags, the best I have done is 11.7@131mph, I just can't get off the line with street tyres, even driving off the line is no good... I'm scared of putting radials on right now because I know exactly what will happen, and realistically I can't afford it right now.. So at this stage I am just doing whatever is necessary make sure it gets me to and from work every day...

I'm proud with what I have achieved so far, with absolutely everything being completed by me in my driveway haha, looking forward for what's to come

Thanks for reading

• Like 17

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

I'm bottoming out with my koni reds and ssls around the twisties. So ill be stepping back to a 245s all round.

Quick question how did you fit All the bushes?

Do you have a press

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 25d

Really?

Haha between a Vice, threaded rod, and a mallet I managed to get them all in, a press is probably the way to go, but the threaded rod worked well... Allow a day for the fronts and a day for the rears haha

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

Wanna spend 2 days on a g6 peppy? (Probably worst pick up line ever)

And yeah it scrapes a little on the rears. But that's going full tilt with 275 wide Tyres so I can't complain too much