Peppy's Build Thread

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 25d

Still using gulf western, I haven't noticed any reason to change from it...

Just measured it's 100mm at the front and 80mm at the rear, with a centre of wheel to guard height of 335mm all round.. It actually hasn't touched anything yet, and I have a PITA of a driveway, and some nasty speed humps on the way to work.. But I think I'll realise it that 20mm, and then the car will even be legal height

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Yep we still ise GW flat out without an issue ever yet 

I've seen some mega scrapie scrapes on ZF pans at stock height but that being said I'm sure you're more aware than the average plum especially with the cost of that pan 

keep us in the loop on the converter also bud :) 

The converter feels awesome, paired with a good box tune it can be driven around town like a stock car, then livened right up in manual mode.. It flares up on boost instantly which is making things interesting on my 245/35/19's haha, so a few more kms and I'll throw some radials on.. I'll clue you in when I get some solid data jet

Thanks Matty, the thought is there, and I now have a box I can build up as exchange or something, but that won't happen until in 100% happy and it would have to be paired with one of my tunes.. Work is keeping me extremely busy so it won't be happening any time soon

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey fellas, I finally hit the Dyno and the track again.. The car still feels awesome and I'm in love with it once again

So back on the Dyno, the only real change since last time is the custom age head studs, and the Circle d converter, I was happy that the tune was pretty spot on, with a clean 22psi, and crisp 0.84 lambda.. Had to try a few different strap down and load settings because it was just turning the tyres

https://vimeo.com/169944444

Ended up with a consistent 456rwkw@6000rpm but close to 1300nm torque at 3500rpm, so I think that comes down to the torque multiplication of the circle d.. I was also able to get the converter to pretty much lock up completely by the top end of the run

692065ee4211e0952b0873457ae08601.jpg

I know how much use like videos, so here... (All completed on closed private roads in controlled conditions)

https://vimeo.com/169944684

https://vimeo.com/169944706

FYI: that was roll on from about 100kmh and started baking around 140kmh

Anyway, got it all ready for Powerplay, but it might as well of got rained out, they let us on the track, but I'm not a fan of drifting an auto lol

Got it to Sydney Dragway last night.. There's a few changes from my last outing a year ago.. The Shockworks, Circle D and M&H 275/50/17's

The first run without any changes to the tune it went 10.6@133 with a 1.61 60" the peak boost was only 18psi and left the line with 8psi, so I believe that the boost dropped because it was loaded up harder.. That's my best 60 and it felt awesome, the weight was pretty much transferred to the back and it just stuck.. Plus I had a full tank, 2x20l gerri cans full and a bunch of tools haha

Next lap I upped the wastegate DC which took it to 20psi, I think it went 10.5@136 but the throttle cut coming off the start line.. Looked over the log file and seems it hit a rev limiter at 4000 just after leaving the line, I found it and raised the limiter

Went back out with the same DC and went 10.44@137 still with 20psi throughout the run, it felt stronger but still a 1.72 60"

Turned up the DC another 10% and went out, this time I left the line with 15psi and it baked the tyres off the start line and went 11.1@139 and finally got back up to 22psi

I got one more run in and left everything as it was.. Left the line fairly hard again with a 1.67 at around 8psi, it was pulling hard with 109mph 1/2 track but a cooler pipe came off around 3/4 track, I thought it was the box so I quickly neutralised it and hit the brakes.. Still rolled through the line with a 10.6@107mph

So overall I'm proud of myself and the car, especially being able to drive it home with no issues.. The cooler temps were getting hot though, from about 50* to 60* thought the run, so I think it's time to upgrade the S2 cooler.. Maybe johnny tig?

b77bc4975a13b459eabd2a9158242305.jpg

a3b067b303a7c0b55e793fae3e56e49b.jpg

Thanks guys, I should have some videos of the runs soon

• Like 13