Peppy's Build Thread

• Member For: 11y 5m 14d

Pep take us for a spin one day, pretty sure you live close to me , I'm on greenway drive. Must be a blast being able to break traction at will, hopefully one day my car will be there , awesome build bud

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 17d

Inboxes Veva and SCT911

I'm toying with the idea of taking her to the drags tomorrow.. I'm in two minds, as I don't want to rush into it and overlook something, but I'm farking keen to get out there!!

As for tyres I have a spare set of 17x8's (std BF wheels) and 18x8's (premium BF wheels)... Am I better off with

275/40/17 Et Street Radials

265/40/18 Et Street 2

I'm aware they ideally should be fitted to a 9-10" rim, but will this combo work, and will they fit under the guards? I have the std xr6 springs that can go in, and koni adjustable shocks, soften them up? Disconnect the front sway bar?

Also with a double cycle of the ignition, she starts fine, so I'll definitely be getting a check valve

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 20d

275/40/17's have been to as low as 1.55 60ft from us with a BA XR6 17 inch rim ( 8 inch wide ) so it's totally doable to 60ft really well with this combo

Stock springs work well and a bit softer setting will never hurt, don't bother with sway bar links

Start at 20psi cold and work down to around 18psi warm

Go get em tiger

Edited by Womend Bellbat
  • Like 1

• Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 9d

Inboxes Veva and SCT911

I'm toying with the idea of taking her to the drags tomorrow.. I'm in two minds, as I don't want to rush into it and overlook something, but I'm farking keen to get out there!!

As for tyres I have a spare set of 17x8's (std BF wheels) and 18x8's (premium BF wheels)... Am I better off with

275/40/17 Et Street Radials

265/40/18 Et Street 2

I'm aware they ideally should be fitted to a 9-10" rim, but will this combo work, and will they fit under the guards? I have the std xr6 springs that can go in, and koni adjustable shocks, soften them up? Disconnect the front sway bar?

Also with a double cycle of the ignition, she starts fine, so I'll definitely be getting a check valve

Joe I have some 275/40/17 MT ET Streets about 65% left if you want you can come grab them for $300?

Well thanks to Veva, I have a new found love for radials, what a difference, it really loads the car up 100% and you can hear the different tone.. I got 3 of my mates to come with me for some test hits and freeway pulls, wow, I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm talking it up, but I really am over the moon with how the car feels... 1st gear is still a write off, but 2nd is touch and go, if I short shift 1-2 hold it for a second then click 3rd it seems to pull, just have to try and keep the wheels from turning otherwise it was still baking 1-2-3 and leaving very dark marks... The box seemed to like it aswell, crisp firm shifts that held everything in, still some torque reduction during the shifts

I jacked it up checked all the main bolts again... I might re-gap the plugs tomorrow and check a few other things but I'm happy to take her out and see what she can do with a soft tune in her, still 0.79-0.8lambda 18* timing and 22-19psi boost

Not going to break any records but I'll be happy just to get down the track

e5a1fd7d781429274ed74bab99b504e7.jpg

b5304e09720082fb02b7c18a45c1e361.jpg

• Like 3

I also stiffened up the shocks and put the stock springs in the rear.. Dad explained its like your trying to push the wheels towards the ground, not actually trying to achieve a squat as such, your trying to transfer the weight and power to the ground.. Obviously 90/10 shocks are designed for drag racing to work in this way, but we'll see how these koni red classics go I guess

• Like 1

Rears are easy as, with the wheels of undo the top shock bolt, push it all the way down and turn it wherever you like... Clockwise is stiff, anticlockwise is soft

For the Fronts the whole strut has to come out and the spring seperate from from the shock... Quite time consuming