Loss Of Power When Disconnecting Stock Bov

daveyboii

• Member For: 9y 10m

Hey guys,

I feel like that I may be doing something wrong with blocking my bov as I feel that this topic would've been brought up before if it was an issue for many,

in my FG xr6t ute I still have the stock bov and basically what I have done is blocked the vac hose that goes into the back of it with a bolt and put a short hose on the back of the bov with a bolt in that aswell to try get to flutter, but when I do this I feel like I lose a good 40kw or so

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 7d

You just need a bolt in the little vac line

Leave the bov inlet and outlet connected like normal...

If you think you have lost power it prob means you have disconnected something else

• Member For: 9y 9m 19d

I pulled the hose off the bov and put a bolt in the hose and left bov open and I reckon the same thing felt like more lag and less power and wasn't much of a dose. Mine doses as it is it just went for longer but wasn't as loud I wanna try a dose pipe and see how that sounds

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 7d

Wow . Your boost pressure is pushing the bov open. Usually the vacuum line is pressurised under boost which holds the bov shut.

You need to remove the bov completely or stop it opening and also block the vacuum hose.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Block the vacuum line coming from the inlet manifold with a bolt... that's the simplest way to block off the BOV as it'll never see vacuum to open it. The ultimate way to block it off is remove it completely and put chair stoppers over both holes (clamped into position). Try the latter and see if that helps you.