Pain To Cut For Cooler?

NZBen

• Member For: 9y 10m 13d

Im looking at buying a PW on Ratters buy. Not sure whether to go the 1 or the 2. I love the thought of cool induction, but not sure if I want to cut. Exactly how much cutting is involved for stage 2? Im likely never going to go for huge power. But u never know I guess.

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 12d

Obviously will depend on what you want from the car but it sounds like you just made a decision.

Stage 1 will run 400 and some kw so unless you want to go further than that or have plans to do back to back to back 1/4 mile runs or your plan is to drive WOT 100% of the time then it should be all you need...............and no cutting involved

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 12d

The top pic is my car sitting on ratters hoist at pit lane with the Stage 1 installed

The bottom pic has a stage 2 fitted

Do you see what's missing?

Hint: Above the crash bar (or whatever it's called)

zEHOF3J.jpg

process%20west%20fg%20stage%203%20interc

Not a bad thing - as long as it's done properly - but 'may' affect roadworthy etc.

Edited by BenDoCo
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 15d

Looks like a big flat black piece of poo that hides what's underneath it when the front bumper is fitted.

If you still don't need to fit a catalytic convertor in NZ then I doubt your main roads gives a hoot about something they will never see...

Plus has anybody else watched that Highway Patrol show of the NZ coppers and some of the funky cars that drive their highways...Haha

• Member For: 9y 10m 13d

I am leaning towards the stage 2. Have been looking for installation instructions but cannot find. Im sure Ford put that piece of metal there for a reason, does cutting it reduce chassis stiffness? Does the cooler then become a structural member? Is the piping for the stage one and 2 the same? I was reading the stage one just uses standard plumbing?

Thx