Exhausting Options

Akidaki

• Member For: 10y 8m 6d

Hi guys, recently got a 2010 G6ET, with HDI cooler kit and a passenger side intake.

I am now after an exhaust, but gone are the days of stupid loud exhausts and being happy with drone.

I have searched the forums for months on which exhaust will do the job, but still havent pinned it down to which exhaust I will get.

At the moment, I dont want to spend the money on tune, injectors, dump/cat, and would like just a nice not too loud, NO DRONE exhaust.

I dont want to spend more than 1k on the catback, with keeping that in mind looking at mild steel system over stainless.

From looking at X-FORCE in the twin 2.5 system, it appears that even these will drone on the auto. The cost of these off the shelf, fitted from various places is $800 - $1000. From what everyone says fitment is crap, sound is ok, but most drone.

The other exhaust I am looking at is a 3.5" Custom, mild steel system from Sureflo exhausts. I had a Sureflo 3.5" system on a VY SS years ago, and is such a great sound. Greg from Sureflo said he can do this custom, with No Drone for $950.

My question is what do you guys think will be the best way to spend my money? I am thinking the custom, for really almost the same price, tighter fitting, not droning?

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

• Member For: 10y 3m 21d

I have the xforce twin 2.5 quiet version which has the bigger mufflers, nice note and noticable at idle, but with the windows up I can't tell there is a cat back fitted. Fitted it myself but needed a "massage" from an exhaust shop which cost me $40

EM-F8-OR and EM-F8-OC are the part numbers, I doubt you can get quieter than this. I actually bought this system by mistake, I wanted the louder version but couldn't be bothered changing it! I think it's too quiet, but probably what your after

• Member For: 12y 4m 6d

The custom system - are they building their own mufflers? Usually very expensive if they are. I guess you know, as a general principle, managing drone in big single pipe systems is harder to achieve than with a comparatively smaller twin system and very hard with an automatic. Also, the stock dump pipe and cat really drop the sound in these cars. So, if you go for a catback, then later do the rest, expect a significant change in noise.

A hard one. I have a twin 63 Manta in my BF with a cat change and stock dump and it is pretty good overall. However, hills and loads can induce occasional drone.

Butler-built is a muffler shop here (WA). He does a lot of custom work and his view on the ford T6 is that you need really good mufflers to reduce drone. He builds the mufflers and systems himself ( and get your wallet out) however, they do work. Straight through design, they are heavily packed with fibre. The rest he doesnt talk about - trade secrets.

Bux wise - x force with the larger mufflers might be the go. Hard choice here - drone in cars is tedious.

• Member For: 13y 26d

I fitted an x force 3.5 mild steel cat back but found it droned so changed the rear muffler back to standard (but kept the twin pipes) and it now sounds perfect .....for me anyway, and no drone.

All for about $800. Only problem now is that the middle muffler is lower than standard and can scrape.

• Member For: 10y 3m 6d

I got the Nizpro complete system,4 inch all the way twin cats and all stainless but wasn't happy with the drone. Sent it back to Nizpro(I'm in Perth) and had the bi modal thing installed. Under 5 pound its nice and quiet,light to med throttle and cruising its nice and quiet,stand on it and it opens up. More than $800 though but I thought I would share my experience.

• Member For: 10y 3m 6d

You can't see the flap in the exhaust unless its really well lit and and you are really looking. The pic where you see the flap it has a torch shining on it.

post-76866-0-99154900-1406291993_thumb.j

post-76866-0-61304600-1406292027_thumb.j

post-76866-0-28129600-1406292057_thumb.j

post-76866-0-49805000-1406292099_thumb.j

Edited by SeduceG6Et67

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 12d

pretty sure bendoco has posted pics in his build thread of his when we modified it

In post 2

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/88536-the-bendoco-limo-long-lots-of-pics/page-1