Yeh that’s exactly what they do when they go soft and a rapid boost then off again 

I’ve heard and felt that a few times now lol 

Definitely hit Brad up as he will stand by his product and send you some new ones 

I’ve used nearly every single brand going and Crow’s are good but I do like the Atomic stuff 

something everybody needs to understand is spring tension is always going to degrade over time and EVERY brand has had issues in one point or another 

Honestly opt for the bigger 100lb + springs this time as a manual vehicle that cops a beating will require them more than a Auto averagely driven vehicle and I dare say this is you @gaz097 ;) 

send the old ones back, pay the difference to up spec and move on 

Yeah probably. It'd be easier to use a set of stock springs cos the tool is already on and the cylinder is prepped. I've got a set you can have if you want them.

on no spaghetti oh

in all honesty im surprised you bought this back after all the issues you listed (which im sure you knew about before buying it back)

Edited by MBAF

Honestly Gaz that end of the guide is subjected to vibration and not so much touch wear so don’t go bothering to change it out at the effort that’s required

see picture for reference 

5c9213e1d9bbe.jpg

Yeah sweet. I'll confirm tonight, but pretty sure the wear marks weren't touching there yet.

Doing some reading and the other guide is where the issues come from.

I guess my sump now has a piece of plastic in it, to go with some turbo ball bearings

Wouldn't cause issues at high rpm and backlash? How do they break otherwise apart from going brittle like the oil cap for instance?

If the material has fully come off the metal backstrap yes that’s not great but typically just the end snaps off and the rest loosens up 

when the guide is sitting in place it’ll hang on for yonks in place but if you went to take it apart that’s when it would disintegrate  

Well at least you’re half way disassembled so keep going lol 

bang in some new guides and any other part that hasn’t been upgraded now then 

Use can use a 3 jaw, if that's all you've got. Just use long thin bolts with washers and nuts. It's a bit of a balancing act and a bit of a pain in the butt but you can do it.

Buy the proper one if you can, to save stuffing around, especially if you are going to do it more than once. Nothing wrong with buying tools.

Edited by Puffwagon
farken commas