• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 4d

Turbo back on. 2 stripped bolts later, one broken hose clamp on coolant system that dumped 5L of coolant on the road.

60 litres of eflex in the boot, one pair of tyres. Heading to powerrcruise at 4.30am.

What could go wrong.

• Like 2

300 kays later and I'm back home.

Didn't even break anything, built Ford tough haha.

Did put it in a limp mode when it got a little hot. Temp gauge went deep into the red. Oops

Anyone gone to a better radiator to aid in cooling?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

The only thing that seems to max out or overcome the stock cooling system is burnouts (e.g. little to no airflow across the radiator while giving it the beans) haha.

I think burnout cars just change thermostats or fan controller wiring to run a switch to run the fans at maximum from the beginning... or if necessary add in better/more fans. A higher concentration of ethyl glycol vs water might help, too.

I'm pretty sure it's just an airflow problem, though, not cooling system issue. If you can create more airflow, you'll solve the problem.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 29d
43 minutes ago, gaz097 said:

300 kays later and I'm back home.

Didn't even break anything, built Ford tough haha.

Did put it in a limp mode when it got a little hot. Temp gauge went deep into the red. Oops

Anyone gone to a better radiator to aid in cooling?

50mm fenix. My car would to bake at the track with stock rad.... $440.  They have black now. The front sits in the same location as stock so no probs with intercooler

IMG_3701_zps3a899d1e.jpg

Or if you want to spend $1000 go PWR

IMG_3545_zpsd48eb289.jpg

Edited by arronm

The only thing that seems to max out or overcome the stock cooling system is burnouts (e.g. little to no airflow across the radiator while giving it the beans) haha.

I think burnout cars just change thermostats or fan controller wiring to run a switch to run the fans at maximum from the beginning... or if necessary add in better/more fans. A higher concentration of ethyl glycol vs water might help, too.

I'm pretty sure it's just an airflow problem, though, not cooling system issue. If you can create more airflow, you'll solve the problem.

Haha I could get the temp up with half a lap of race car driving so it's not a flow thing.

There some pricy solutions. I was under the impression some models au or territorys came with a 26mm not 16mm radiator or something.