• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 29d

One thing I cannot eliminate is a shudder ( more of a quick repeated clunk) at about 10-20kmh under high load, e.g. full throttle. I know it is usually the tailshaft bearing but it is fine and the alignment seems fine as well. I aligned it as per my manual then experimented from there but to no success.

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

Well I survived another powercruise powerplay. Car performed flawlessly set at 25psi of boost all day and used a tad over 80l of eflex.

Had my first spin as well. Turn 9 which drops away mid corner I hit the steering lock stops and was a passenger from then on. Luckily there was no one around so I just came to a stop facing the wrong way slightly embarrassed. The man upstairs didn't think it was funny so I got booted and had my armband removed. Resat the video and was back out again.

For the last few sessions I had some grippy 235/55 profile tyres and was able to get 2nd to hook up with 5 people in the car as well. This was pulling my face off and suprised quite a few other cars. Chopped a bunch of evos, rx3's and such.

Only thing that really got away was the black r34 that one off street's. We came onto the main straight together which I start in third and we both got on it and he jumped straight in front leaving 4 black shadows on the road and pulling probably 4-5 car lengths to 160ish. And I know there were 4 marks as it was that sideways through each gear. Crazy stuff, I followed him for a few laps watching him punish everything that lined up, and each time it left these wide shadows on the road.

Anyone contemplating going to powercruise. Do it you will not regret it.

Edited by gaz097

It's all running smoothly lately. Last time it rolled off the dyno it made 430kw at a flat 20psi, with af ratios at 11 to 1 (gas) I believe. When I'm out having a go I turn it up to 25 and it seems to love it.

Spoke to a few tuners and they all said if you want to push over 450 you need to upgrade your hot side piping, inlet manifold and go to an external gate, and get a better cooler.

Basicly at the point where if I go back to previous tuner I'll be going in circles, or if I go else where it will cost 1200 for a tune + xcal on top.

I'm back to uni until the end of the year so I'll wait till then before making any decisions.