• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d
8 minutes ago, gaz097 said:

Any pointers?

Anything specific? Maybe give the diff oil a change if it's time, since you've been caning it a fair bit. General car check etc but that sh*t is fairly obvious.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

yeah, if you've got a tune that ramps in the boost hard, you're going to find it difficult to remain straight...  but realistically if you can learn to brake really hard and late and lean into the throttle slowly from the apex of the corner you'll do OK.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 11d

Zf? Put it in manual u dont want it kicking down on u. Feed the power on, AR-1 probably aim for 32-34 psi hot set at about 28 cold.

Never been to luddlem but probably mostly 2nd gear maybe just into 3rd on the straight.

Also if uve never or not done power steering fluid for ages then a little refresh wouldnt hurt, with a syringe drain the reservoir and refil. Start car steer side to side a few times. Drain and repeat a couple of times. It helps a little ive done 2 power steering pumps at the track.

Brake hard and straigjt, try not to activate abs as your losing grip at that point, look through the apex and feed the power on. Leave traction control on till your warmed up or feel its holding u back.

• Like 2

• Donating Members

I think like all fluids heat and they degrade over time I guess, have had the fluid boil out, altho could be hot from turbo and engine. Just before my first one let go when it cooled down it was slightly less noisy. Bf pumps r meant to be stronger I have a bf in my fg now, just has the falcon power steering supercharger sound lol.

I do the above procedure every couple of track days now and havent had a problem for a couple of years, I run penrite HPSO its full syth and rated for high performance.

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 29d

Do you change front camber for the track?
Been doing a bit of reading and it looks like I can get about a degree more neg if I remove shims from the front.
Reading this I won't affect castor if I remove evenly front to rear of a arm.

Curious how much extra toe in would be created? 88f82b54e08b06da47dea122bdb28629.jpg

• Donating Members

Sorry for the late reply its probably too late but so far after a number of years of tracking im only just about to embark on camber. More neg is obviously good but I dont have shims or any adjustments atm. My suspension place asked me to get some data on my tyre temps across the tyre and pressures. We’ll be using that next year to work on the alignment and see what or how much camber could be needed.

If u have the ability some more will help obviously with that faster initial turn in and stability feeling more planted through the corners.

I have coilovers and for camber probably end up looking at custom upper control arm mounts with different mount points. Theres a few places doin stuff in this area with camber adjustment from -4 all the way to -8! For that slammed look lol.

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 29d

All good.

Had a cracker of a day really. The nankang ar1 semis stuck like glue which didn't really require any camber changes.

Managed a 55.4 lap which put me 10th today out of 50. Cars in front of me were all track cars or high end cars so was stoked.

Here's my best lap followed by my biggest moment where my skill ran out haha.

Had some brake fade/ pad loss, which didn't really slow me down as I could still bounce of the abs, but had to push on the pedal damn hard. fb4f32a92a990ee43354dde533ccc8d7.jpg1ee85385714b621614809c6adc451365.jpg
  • Like 4