• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 14d
For those at home. Does not need to be linked. Swapped it out today with no issues

Annoyingly just before swapping it the rpm tacho sprung back to life, so I still don't know if it's the cluster or something else
How old is your battery Gazza? I ask as this can be an issue with the B series. Tacho not working, rear boot not popping, engine misfiring badly under load or poor idle...this is all funky $h!t that happens when the battery quality is bad.
Yours could have been the connector though and when you were ferreting around to remove fascia or getting ready to it made a bad contact good again!?

As for the diff bushes, don't they use superpro hybrids now? Me personally if you are chewing bushes out often then boat rollers are the go (hdpe) as its cheap and easy to lathe. Depending on where it's situated though it can be noisy...

These? - https://superpro.com.au/find/superpro-diff-mount-bush-kit-for-a-superpro-suspension-parts-and-poly-bushings-for-ford-australia-falcon-2002-2008-ba-bf-sedan-/productnr-SPF3148PK/cid-999500234/vid-

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 28d

Battery is pretty good. Holds voltage well and cranks the car over quickly. It would only be 1-2 years old.

It stopped again the other day momentarily. Once it's back on the road I'll out the other cluster in it and see if it fixes the issues.

• Donating Members

So I watched this video this morning and yes they have the IMS diff hat but he's happy using Pedders front bushes. 

Haltech

In saying that I use Pedders Nolathane throughout my F6X with no issues or flogging out... The front side bushes I did fill with Soudal T-Rex (polyurethane) as both times the mechanics installing them installed them incorrectly (how hard is it to follow a sheet with a picture?) and because these were for diff issues not bush issues I cbf...I have concluded though that after 3yrs Soudal is the king of bush void filling so will likely use it for EVERYTHING as I have done so far! 

• Donating Members

Probably not for noise and I'm surprised the sika actually made the noise any worse unless the bush was half flogged out! Soudal is definitely stronger and stiffer than sikaflex imo (the T-Rex version at least is because it's stupidly thick!). It won't stretch/give like sika does though but so far the stuff in the front bushes is still looking great and it's copped a spraying from the diff oil spewing it's guts and the CV's with no issues that I can see after I've degreased it to death! 

No difference in noise there on the front either but it could be a location thing also...I use a solid (custom 2 piece hdpe bush) in the 3rd bush location on the territory (drivers side front) and it made zero noise difference over the factory rubber. 

• Donating Members

Yeah totally different hardness and texture to the Soudal. I've got both in hardened form (and others) thanks to our "DeLux" climate up here so I just skin the sausage (sounds dirty) or strip the tube when they dry and cut cookies off them to use as packers under workbenches etc! Anything that vibrates...that's also dirty!!!

Sika is more flexible. Like the rubber bonds are softer if that makes sense!?

• Like 1