• 2 weeks later...
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 7d

Out of these mods which order would you update/ replace based on my current mods using the 64mm turbo.

Hot side intercooler piping?
Rapid systems intercooler to PW, Plaz, Tig?
Exhaust manifold? FG?
Dual 2-1/2" cat back to a 4" system?
Boost controller as it's a GFB 2?

Something else maybe?

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Hummm tuff one mate 

all of the above will have slight benefits unless your existing parts is not performing well 

the hot side piping upgrade will reduce air speed as it’s overall bigger OD but gain a bit uptop but loose a bit down low 

the Rapid systems intercooler is a reasonable unit so to get a good gain the replacement unit must be top spec 

FG exhaust manifold will be negligible imho but you might just change the power generation graph like the hot side pipe will 

the exhaust could be the biggest peak gain for dollar in this list especially if your twin 2.5* is an older unit 

the actuator will do bugger all unless you’re having boost control issues uptop ? 

Same for the boost controller

just sayn 

• Like 2

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 7d
Cool cool cool.

It's a old redback system I believe. I cut one of the mufflers open ages ago as I crushed it off-road driving and it was pretty much straight through. Had 2 off, 3" perforated pipes running straight through the muffler.

Not so much boost "issues" but it does drop off pretty hard. The GFB has very little boost "correction" in my opinion. This was at 85% duty cycle.

Reason I ask as it will go back up on the dyno in a few weeks/months to "check" the tune going from eflex to United E85. Be good to add some tasteful mods.

Also debating weather to target a slightly lower boost, say 23psi and then dial some timing back into it. Pretty sure it's at 10 degrees total and doesn't increase past peak load. Everytime it's seen the dyno has been a rush job the day before Powercruise and haven't had a chance to get the tune dialed again. ba0382bef59404d6b1761e73de038e8f.jpg