• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 7d

Quality products just the ziptie is a little temporary.

Is mint though. When you squeeze it I have low boost, and also stays on low boost for a number of seconds.

Just did a fake launch on the street and had grip most of first and all of second, then flipped to high boost as I plucked third.

• Like 2

Tried to wrap my head around this drag racing thing again today. Still haven't quite put my finger on it just yet.

Nothing too special, but managed to pb squeezing into the 11's running 11.99 @128mph using 17" Bridgestone ecopia ep850 economy street tyres commonly found on ford territories lol. Note they only measured up at 27" and I was hard on the limiter. My calcs said a 235/60/17 would be 28" but I was wrong.

Launching on a street tyre is knife edge compared to a radial. Soon as it spun the run was dusted. Radial is much more forgiving.

On gate pressure off the line (about 15psi) I could get first gear to drive without huge wheelspin, and kept it on gate pressure through second as well. Bit more time I recon I could run full boost in second and probably drop that time a little more. Maybe 11.8ish.

After that a slick and taller gears( or a taller tyre) will be needed to get down into the low 11's.
92d445af2b0ec4f87f6618d511e2efde.jpg

• Like 3

Cheers man.
So much more to go wrong. Have to balance boost/clutch slip off the line which I found quite difficult with my clutch. I feel a nice dual plate organic setup would be the way to go.

Need to do Pads and Rotors on the front again.

What's good value for money these days. DBA T2/T3?

Something else?

Also need to do a front ball joint?

OEM or aftermarket? On car tool still the best way to do it?

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Racing is unforgiving haha, just think one of my stage 1 FG turbo ZF packages net’s 11.8-11.9’s all day erry day. Cheap fast when you’re not doing the leg work of the clutch ;)

DBA T3’s and DBA pads, sub 1k all round 

Genuine and Yes 

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...