• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 19d

Sweet early 90's arcade music Gazza. Nice skids also.
A friend had misfire issues also in his Turbo Territory and ended up being the plazmaman valve springs. He also said his plugs are gapped to 0.55mm using BPR8ES. Pretty sure his engine is slightly higher CR than the standard turbo engine (2008) due to machinist error but it's running 30psi.
Get the OEM coils and go from there though.....

• Like 1

• Donating Members

It's actually Grego77 who was on here briefly a couple of years ago now. We ended up Facebook friends so I've kept in contact. He's over it now though and believe he wants to sell it. Pretty sure he had issues with tuners around Sydney but also just all the usual things that can arise from pushing some boundaries!
He just recently fitted a CRG exh manifold and an FG intake manifold but it's not running as fuel lines have turned to sh*t and some other small things.
Life and owning a new Jeep SRT8 has his interests now as he's more of an old school V8 man but I'm trying to wear him down to finish it and get a final tune....
I'd buy his TT apart from the wife would kill me as the built transmission alone would do me lol.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 27d
14 hours ago, NA_TURBO said:

I kept getting misfire cylinder 1 until I changed the coils. What valve springs have you got?

I had the same with another manufacturers springs.  Not a misfire but wouldn't make power over 4500rpm. 

• Like 1

• Donating Members

I'm yet to change mine but will go the Crow HD springs. My tune is only mild (18psi-12psi). An awd dyno is my issue here so may have to get a road tune or bodgy tune with the front driveshaft and abs removed....I'm not sure what mod people talk about with the modified transfer case as it seems to be either secret squirrel or just bull!?
I own the PCMTEC software but I'm waiting for the data logging update before thinking of doing any changes.

1 hour ago, k31th said:
the guy running 30psi in his TT needs to come on here and write up a thread, imho :icon_ford: :buttrock:

TBH Kieth I could probably write a decent speel just from his info we've shared seeing as I have an F6X and that's how we clicked. He's cluey also and having spent a lot of time building engines and working on cars in general he worked out most of the issues himself apart from the tuning.
I'll ask him anyway as the long road taken for him I can see why he's all but given up.
Surprised he hasn't burnt it as he's rather explosive! Lol