• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

If it's already got the bigger t04z front wheel (compared to the gtx3582r) but in cast form it maybe cheaper to just replace it with an 11 or 7+7 billet wheel rather than sell it and buy a whole new turbo

Food for thought

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 8d

Definately consider what Matty said if you get a pro to do it. If DIY I think a bit hard cause I know the TO4Z cast wheel is a bit tight on a GT turbine shaft even thought technically same diameter.

If it's already got the bigger t04z front wheel (compared to the gtx3582r) but in cast form it maybe cheaper to just replace it with an 11 or 7+7 billet wheel rather than sell it and buy a whole new turbo

Food for thought

How do you know if it has the bigger front wheel? I was assured when I bought it, it was the GCG3566 with the t04z front wheel but when I received it, I wasn't sure. It looked almost identical to the standard wheel IMO. I have some pretty nice balancing machines available between work and uni so may be able to have a crack :)

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control

I am pretty sure the t04z compressor is only marginally larger than the gt35r so it would be hard to tell with naked eye unless you had the two lined up.

GCG are fairly reputable so I'd believe them.

A 7+7 t04z billet wheel is about 250 from eBay If I remember correctly

I never bought if from gcg so only taking the word of the previous owner. Has the ported gate so more then likely is. Yeah I could only measure about a 2mm difference across the front when they were next to each other so wasn't sure really. What would be required to fit the billet wheel. I assume it needs to be balanced again?

Edited by gaz097

Yeah sorry that's what I meant. How much would the balancing cost. Will it compare to a gtx then? Honestly I only want more low end boost and try to get that up to around 25 then taper it down to say 22. MTA750 seem the way to go as ive spoken to a few and they get them spooling crazy early

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control

The 750 is comparable to the gtx3582r

The end game is what your goal is,

If you put a billet wheel on your turbo it'll be 400+ on 98 and 500 on e85 with correct supporting mods. You'd increase a little in spool.

Let me put it to you this way.

I have the standard ba turbo with an 11 blade billet wheel and I went 440rwkw at 21psi on e85.

If your on a budget and want big hp

Go the billet

If your after crazy spool and maybe 400 on e85 go the gtx3576r

For you with your turbo already it's not worth going a whole new turbo in similar size to yours (gtx3582r/mta750)

Yeah agreed. Emailed gcg today and got some good and bad news. Looks like I don't have the upgraded wheel so it's just a stock turbo with 0.7 housing , jerk assured me it had the bigger wheel. Does give me room to move though