I Am Very New To Cars And Have A Question

Quattro

• Member For: 9y 9m 5d

Hello,

I am new to this forum and new too cars as I am wanting to learn, please no harass or trolls but, I have a ford falcon v6 and is it possible to take it out and put a xr6 turbo in it? Or is that not possible?

Thankyou

• Like 1

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 19d

Haha play nice

There is no v6 falcon bud and it is possible to do the swap but your better off selling yours and buying a xr6t

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 30d

Once upon a time (when I was 20 and unlicensed) I didn't know that engines came in things over than V8, V6 or four cylinder.

The V refers to the way the cylinders are arranged at an angle, with each pair of cylinders opposite each other like this \ /

Do that 3 times in a row and you have a V6, do it 4 times, a V8. There are also V10 and V12 engines.

The Falcon uses a straight six AKA inline six. All cylinders are in a single straight row, vertical, like fence posts kinda: | | | | | | arranged down the length of the car (from bumper to windscreen)

Kind of like if you cut a V12 engine in half and rotated it back to vertical.

Then there are the rarer types like rotary and even flat (which I've only just learned about myself)

311-004-EAAA1490.jpgengine_blocks.gif

As for your question of can an xr6 turbo motor be put into a non turbo car, yes, but as stated it's simply not cost effective. You can do it cheaper buy just selling your car and buying the XR6 Turbo model.

• Like 3

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 29d

Probably easier to do than it was to get the V6 in there in the first place.

Might want to check your P-Plate conditions though - might not be allowed to have the XR6 turbo, but a VW diesel turbo may be allowed.

As per condition of entry to forums though - pics of cars are compulsory

Wish the forum had IP flagging, so we could work out the innocent 1st questions from regular users who make a new account to toss down some bait.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 29d

Not saying that - quattro could well be innocent and just asking a question (and probably is).

Don't think Dags would troll the forum either. He has enough fun/trouble with it straight - more likely someone who had a beer on a friday night and decided to poke the bear.

There are the occasional 1st posters that ask questions (sometimes with usernames that help) that are a little too provocative to be totally innocent.

Am not going to call out any posts, just float the possibility that some may not be real virgin.

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 27d

welcome mate, look into harder you might find that it would be cheaper to get a later model 04-05 xr6 turbo than spend the money changing motors over.

Good luck

• Member For: 9y 9m 5d

Thanks for the replies guys, I am a new account and plan to stay on it, im really trying to learn, so what I gathered so far, my car is an xr6 already not a v6? And putting a turbo in fine and the p plate laws are fine with it aslong as its not a v8 or higher 8 cylinder, could anyone recommend me a place where most of you started off to learn how to build cars, how they work etc? And once again thanks for the replies! :)