Some Badass Hondas From Overseas.

luke187

• Member For: 10y 3m 21d

VTEC yo. 4 bangers, FWD, and or Hondas might not be your thing but what they do with the cars over there is nothing short of amazing. Definitely reset the bar for being able to get a powerful and heavily traction gimped car down the track both consistently and FAST.

The class if SFWD / True street. Rules are 67mm turbo, oem block, head, and trans casing, air/air cooler, 2400lb min, full steel body, full glass windows, full interior forward from the back of the front seats forward - including window winders and carpet, No cut chassis, full working lights, no 1 piece clip fronts, only 1 power adder and a small 24.5x9.5 slick, and no wheelie bars or anything retarded like that out the back. Racing is ultra competitive with huge fields and even the top guys are getting 3 years out of an engine (before someone says rebuild after every run). Some of the guys are getting 700whp from unopened engines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyp98wiSw0k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97WuvssPj6k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZiWM-yKmCI

No traction on the street?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN3hJIhREzs

Love the boxer sound of some of them too.

The outlaw cars are allowed a bigger tyre, turbo, nitrous, and ice cooler and have run 7.90@202mph with an estimated 1500+whp. The naturally aspirated guys are running high 9s at 140mph and 400+whp with similar rules but 2200lb car.

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 4m 8d

You have to respect those numbers, but they still are everything I hate in a car, uninspiring fwd "get you from a to b" sh*t boxes. Awd, rwd or im gonna have to drive the carnt in reverse everywhere. Fwd reverse doughies FTW.

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 1m 2d

You have to respect those numbers, but they still are everything I hate in a car, uninspiring fwd "get you from a to b" sh*t boxes. Awd, rwd or im gonna have to drive the carnt in reverse everywhere. Fwd reverse doughies FTW.

I reckon a 9 sec fwd would be a laugh... It'd be a 9 second arm wrestle with the steering wheel
  • Like 1

• Member For: 10y 2m

now that is a nice sleeper for your wife to take shopping .it would not mater if it got trolly marks or yellow post marks on it (like my au ford xr 6 one time ) came home and she started crying .I looked at the ute and said that's nothing thought you rode it of the way you carried on .lol .still cost $2500 to get fixed

• Like 1

Yeah the first run which was an 8.60 looks far more relaxed than say a mid 8 second supra. LSD makes a big difference with torque steer though. Theres a video of one that snaps the driveshaft at around the 660ft mark and ended up with about 90degrees lock by the fiinish line

On board of an outlaw sfwd civic. This car is the one that has gone 7.90 and 203mph. Still unmodified chassis, steel body, glass, most of the interior - would probably be able to run in and be a top x275 car aside from the tyre size. These guys run in with turbo big blocks in one their classes

Edited by luke187
  • Like 1

• Member For: 10y 2m

I reckon a 9 sec fwd would be a laugh... It'd be a 9 second arm wrestle with the steering wheel

yes that's how the mazda 3 feels like with the ford 2 litre engine ,and it has axle tramp that the front wheel jumps up and down if you try to take off fast

yes that's how the mazda 3 feels like with the ford 2 litre engine ,and it has axle tramp that the front wheel jumps up and down if you try to take off fast

Axle tramp is fun, if your shocks arent worn and springs havent gone soft you can look at your engine and gearbox mounts. When a fwd hooks the engines can torque over quickly and bottom out on the mounts sending them into a cycle.

• Member For: 11y 1m 2d

Yeh my mate had an xr5 turbo with dream science tune, same deal bad torque steer!!