The Crazy Taxi - Fg F6 / Tr6060 Powered Ba Futura

• Member For: 10y 4m 13d

Hood lining is going to be dark grey, was originally going to be black but after sitting in a xr5 which shipped with black I decided for something a few shades lighter. Sprayed with duplicolor vinyl and fabric, $30 from supergay auto.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of progression today and finally the build is officially under way, aiming to have it running with the ba turbo engine, ecu, tr6060, interior and new front end in by this time next week. This morning we changed the rear end over to the 3.73 lsd from the gold xr6. The car had done 105k's so its in much better condition plus had a bunch of bushes recently replaced. Have some nolathane trailing arm bushes to go in but dont have the press working yet so that'll be later this week. After lunch we spent a few hours on the car, dropping the engine and trans and stripping down the front end to get ready for a bath. Hoping to get it all cleaned up and harnesses swapped over the new dash in before I hit the sack tomorrow night.

Here's the last pic of it as a stocker, complete with dogsh*t on the front wheel

WP_20140909_004_zpseaecc1cb.jpg

Gotta love having a hoist. Pain in the ass job turned nice and cruisy and swap completed in a few hours

WP_20140902_003_zpsc8c2196f.jpg

Got the drag rear end setup for extra squat

WP_20140909_008_zpsee7d070c.jpg

Engine out back first, thanks to Rollin on boosted falcon for this tip!

WP_20140909_017_zpsc8d4d322.jpg

Fits perfectly with 1.5 pubes clearance on the flex plate

WP_20140909_018_zpsf1bab0c2.jpg

All naked in the front and ready to wash off 10 years / 290,000km of grime

WP_20140909_023_zpsa6a2ee6a.jpg

• Like 3

Got most of what I wanted done today. Most likely have another crack at the interior to get the dash out after dinner so I dont have to touch it again. Cant say its my favorite job. Also have a slight issue where the rear door isnt opening. I temporarily disabled the outside door handle to stop the car from unlocking when its pulled but it also seems like the child lock was on, had a quick stab with a coat hanger to try unlock it so it might not be locked. Next bet is the inside handle cable is now not doing what its meant to so happy days lol. Current plan is to cut the door card apart and manually actuate the lock but im open to suggestions.

Front all washed up and looking like new. Hit it with a kerosene high pressure sprayer then twice over with truck wash.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_3bd82216f4b8421fac

AdobePhotoshopExpress_fa1ef2dca43c4b49ac

• Like 1

Car is going back together now, held up by a busy weekend and a few mistakes plus ive decided to do a few extra things while the car was apart. This is not by far the best way to do a manual turbo swap, but my intentions here were to replace most wearable things on the car with new and rebuilt parts, really looking forward to driving it now. Was hoping to get the engine and box back in today but that's not happening and likely it'll be running on the weekend... I have a bit of pressure to get it up and going again as ive taken up all the room in the workshop lol.

Stripped down ready to re rebuild

dash1_zps2b81d68c.jpg

All the new wiring harnesses that were swapped

WP_20140912_008_zps51308daf.jpg

First manual parts going in, as well as HVAC/HIM/ fan box from the gold XR6T.

WP_20140914_020_zps8b2fcdf7.jpg

I noticed this when I was installing the pedal box, no wonder the falcon is going when they have this attitude towards their customers ;)

WP_20140914_016_zpsc5e2a2da.jpg

Edited by luke187
  • Like 2

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 20d

Fark I envy you big time. Wish I had the space and hoist to get a project like this done.

I doubt I could get it done in 6 months though.

I shall be watching closely as this looks like an awesome sleeper will be hitting the roads soon to chew up a couple of common whores.

Thanks fellas. Once you knuckle down you'd be surprised how quick you can do it. Having the space, hoist, and things like tranny jack for the cradle/gearbox make a massive difference. I havent worked on a falcon before which is why I was happy to strip it down and rebuild it back up, and would feel confident to get it done and running in 5 days or so if I did it again. I will say there were a few times where I looked at it and though fuuuck but you've just got to ignore that and tackle it one job at a time.

Dash is in, and connected. Had a small issue where the passenger side end plate was bent from the crash showing just how bad the gold car really was. Just have to wire up the gauges/turbo timer, put the cluster/icc in and the interior is pretty much done bar the hood lining which wont take long. Tomorrow im heading up to a friends work to steal his press as ours here isnt strong enough to push out some of the larger bushes. Its pretty much getting a whole front and partial rear rebuild with nolathane/superpro bushes, ball joints, tie rod ends, and rebuilding the brake calipers. It all had only done 100,000km but the car is big and heavy so should help it feel a little more nimble, hoping for it to be real tight when its done and arent too worried about NVH since the exhaust was fairly loud anyway.

Also picking up an 6mm spacer to space the tr6060 off the back of the crank spigot. Its a box from a late model GT500 so has a slightly longer and much bigger input shaft than the one we got on our cars here.

For the moment the BA turbo engine is going in just to keep it simple (as in just a complete reshell of the xr6), im still to decide on a intercooler for the f6 engine and will build up a new rear end for when the real fun starts. The rear end im using from the gold xr6 now is good, but I want something solid that'll handle a bit of strip work as that's where I'll be spending a bit of time.

As well id much rather sell the engine running, understandably people question the condition of an engine like that if its been sitting around and cant hear it running. Has atomic valve springs, .7 front housing, dekas and a tune that was making 300-320rwkw from memory so should still keep me smiling for a bit - will chuck it up on the dyno and take it down the strip anyway once its running. Aiming to be driving it on the weekend so long as my gearbox spacer is ready.

FG engine was making 580whp so that'll be moving along ok - good to see what it does with a set of slicks on the back as the drivetrain should be able to handle what I throw at it.

Last bit is my weekend score, picked up a pair of 5 day old 275 35 19 hankook s1 evo2's for $150 total rather than the $350 each they normally cost. They arent invos like I originally wanted but will be more than fine with the ba engine. Still have the print and nipples showing, dude just got a nail in them so decided to buy a brand new set after repairing them lol.

temporary_zpsd13128f2.jpg

Edited by luke187