The Crazy Taxi - Fg F6 / Tr6060 Powered Ba Futura

• Member For: 10y 4m 13d

that's cool im not someone who's compelled to do 500m long burnouts in the wet so long as you dont have to go 80 on the highway as soon as it rains I'll grab a set. You get no wheelspin with them with 450rwkw? How is the wear and have you run them down the 1/4?

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 15d

Oh I thought I said I had them at stock and lightly modified (300rwkw) now I have Chinese tyres but with a 275 wide Tyre.

Holds it pretty well

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 6d

If you're not opposed to spending decent money on tyres but want rad grip the Michelin PSS get great feedback over on AFF with 400rwkw + GT's.

Yeah I saw the michies but are probably more than I want to spend at the moment, its only a few hundred $ but that's my wheels stripped and painted, exhaust done, hood lining, and interior paint etc. The car is being built on a pretty tight budget which is why progress is slow at times, wherever I can save money I will but having said that 16 years of racing has told me you dont skimp on tyres. As harry hog said in days of thunder "Tyres is what wins a race"

Been reading up on the invo vs nt05 and sounds like invos might be better for me. Im always a sucker for belting around turns but lets face it you can never really push a good set of tyres super hard on the street as you'll be going too fast. I was looking for something with more straight line grip but from what ive read the invos with the softer sidewall might be better even with the massive grooves on the inner part of the tread.. plus better in the rain and last longer.

A guy with invos on his turbo viper has run 5.80 in the 1/8th (big hp heavy irs manual like us, just way more torque) which equates to an 8 sec 1/4 so clearly they're good enough. Just think us falcon guys need to learn a lot when it comes to car setup ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update,nothing has happened yet aside from me weighing the clutch. Steve has a bunch of work on for the next 2 weeks, so ill be helping him to get through before getting on to my car as I need his help with the heavy lifting, im using his space, and he's my old man of course.

What do you guys think of a white falcon? Steve might have traded in a fairly low km white 03 xt so im going to wait and see what its like in the flesh, might be able to work in a swap.This colour really stands out but up close has a lot of marks, and white can look pretty clean with dark windows and black wheels...

The clutch assembly and flywheel weighs 15kg, which is roughly 10kg lighter than the option 5 so its going to be a big change. Most light weight flywheels are a couple of kilos lighter so 10kg is huge. Also means it might be a bit of a pain on the street.

Got the new car today and are going to go ahead with it just gotta put it up on the hoist to make sure it hasnt been hammered. Picture an immaculate falcon that has seen love its whole life, clean rich paint, beautiful interior, and whatever else you look for in a car... annnd its not that lol. Not sure if anyone will get the change but that's cool hopefully it'll come through in the end.

• Like 2

No go with the "new" car unfortunately. Had too many things wrong body wise, if it was a rare car or something really special it'd be fine but id be going full retard to swap my futura for it - which aside from a few shopping center scratches and a small dent is pretty tidy.

Rear wheels go to get repaired and powder coated next week then from there its only order the hood lining which I still need to decide on a final colour. I sat in an xr5 focus which comes with a black roof from the factory and I cant say I really loved it. I'll probably go for a really dark grey with black pillars in a colour as close as possible to the dash to try keep it factory looking.

Once that is ordered its just a matter of waiting for some spare time which is still a couple of weeks away unfortunately... one of the disadvantages of doing everything yourself.

Edited by luke187

• 3 weeks later...

Since im waiting for space to do the engine swap I figured id do some of the small things. Re-trimming the roof tomorrow so though I'd try paint some of the interior pieces over the weekend to test how if its too dull/shiney, wrong colour, how it looks in different lights etc. I test painted a broken ICC surround as well as an a-pillar piece. Pretty amazed with the results. Dont mind my grandpa mirror lol

AdobePhotoshopExpress_428f04211e08438db6

First thing is its not the best paint job as im not a painter and its from a pressure pack so in some light the finish is a little uneven in direct bright light, ive since learned you have to do lots of light coats as the dye runs pretty easily. It is a dye too so the writing on the icc for the stereo was just visible even after 5 heavy coats. I was a little worried about using this stuff on the ICC as its a high wear part, gets cleaned often and can lose its matte finish making it look crappy, plus IMO the worst is it feels like spray can paint.

So far I have to say im amazed. I couldnt even scratch it off without digging into plastic, scrubbed prepsol with a rough rag for ages and not a bit of dye came off. The feel of the finish is actually quite soft and cool - far better than the original crap plastic and it almost feels like the soft touch plastic they used on the silver part of the b-series auto shifter. I tested the stuff with a shiny interior cleaner, scrubbed it, then prepsoled, truck washed and windex'd the icc and kept its matte finish so its going in. I also dyed one of the vents to see if it would look alright and to see if it would actually still move. That worked a treat as there is no buildup of paint so even in tight spots the dye doesnt cause it to rub on itself. So long as I get my few hours im hoping for I should have pics of it all completed this week.

Finally installed my wheel and the FG F6 seats which had previously been modified to sit on a B-series frame, only have the drivers seat in at the moment. Really love the wheel, like my girlfriend its got bumps and thickness in all the right areas - just hoped there was more alcantara on it. The seats are great too, good mix between comfortable and a tight fitting bucket plus I really love the material on them.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_beac9b6defa24addb3

AdobePhotoshopExpress_7a0b50565f6241678b