How To Test Fuel Pressure Reg With A Guage On A Xr6T

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 4d

Ok. So when adjusting my fuel pressure at idle, 4 bar with the vacuum line hooked up is too much?

Potentially. Pull the vacuum hose of and stick your thumb over the hose and this is when u should have 4 bar.

And hunt as in surge back and forth

Edited by gaz097

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 19d

Mine was about 58-60psi (4 bar) with vac hose on and dropped about 10psi when vac hose off. FG, FPR2000, Plaz Dual Entry.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 4d

Mine was about 58-60psi (4 bar) with vac hose on and dropped about 10psi when vac hose off. FG, FPR2000, Plaz Dual Entry.

Did u get that backwards? The vacuum applied should take spring pressure away and therefore lower your pressure.

• Member For: 12y 1m 26d

boys where at you hooking up guage ... just had a look .. fuel line goes straight into reg and reg goes straight into fuel rail... then there is the vac line that goes into reg

seems like there is no spot to test after reg

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 2d

You will need either fuel line adaptors , and disconnect the feed line from the hard line under the car and hook the gauge in there.

Or you'll need to removed the clamps securing the feed hose the rail and install a barbed T piece in there.

There's no provision for test Fuel Pressure as it's rarely an issue. Do you happen to have the torque app and a odb dongle?

First point of call for fuel issues it would be easier to check the fuel trims before installing a gauge.