How To Test Fuel Pressure Reg With A Guage On A Xr6T

• Member For: 12y 27d

Hey guys, havin a bit of issues with car.... feel like loosing alot of power at times. Ive done quite a few things and issue is still there.. After abit of googling.. it seems like fuel reg's are a bit of a common one.. Just wondering if anyone knows how to test? Willing to test fuel pump (as it might be that aswell) and then if possible to test after reg aswell. Borrowed a fuel pressure guage of a mate.

Sorry if this has been asked before.. I did search before hand.

Any info and figures would be greatly apreciated

Thankyou

Charlie

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

10yrs of faffing around with these cars and that's the first time I've heard that one. Fuel reg is a 32.5sec job to remove. If you think it's suspect pop it out and have a look at it.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 3d

If you think it's suspect pop it out and have a look at it.

That's what she said

• Like 2

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 3d

Can't help you there, can only assist by bumping thread with off topic posts.

What have you tried so far? How old is the car?

• Member For: 20y 7m 22d

Charlie,

You need to connect the gauge and see what pressure you have at idle. If that's ok then you need to watch the fuel pressure at wide open throttle, right through the rev range. If the pressure drops away during the run then you have an issue.

Benny.

does have a rough idle.. and it seems on start up is where the problem is at most

what I have done is.

New plugs..

coils I have tested with a meter (sparky by trade so that was easy) however one did have a hair line crack but meter showed up as fine.

new inlet manifold gasket as did have a leak.

new throttle body gasket

cleaned inlet manifold and throttle body with carby cleaner as I was doing the inlet manifold and throttle body gasket

chucked some fuel system cleaner aswell in tank

havnt done the oxy sensor yet.. but im leaning more towards fuel issue

Also once tank is half full it gets worse.. towards a quarter tank left, gets bad so basically if I was to give it entering freeway, she would bog down. The issue with the fuel tank hose breaking is that also with utes or just sedans?

thing is its very inconsistent when im over half a tank full. sometimes id give it and the car jumps for joy and then other times it keeps reving (no boggin down) but feels like the revs take forever to move up.. (like when u would highway gears in your diff)

Charlie,

You need to connect the gauge and see what pressure you have at idle. If that's ok then you need to watch the fuel pressure at wide open throttle, right through the rev range. If the pressure drops away during the run then you have an issue.

Benny.

Benny, would u test before fuel filter or at the regulator.. (vn's used to have a connection where the fuel rail is to hook up a pressure guage? ba's have anything like that?