Ba Xr6T Blowing 15 Amp Injector Fuse Won't Crank

muso

• Member For: 9y 9m 3d

It still blows sometime....it's intermittent like lots of electrical problems. I think the plug may be faulty getting too hot next to the thermostat. I can't get a mini ats sized circuit breaker anywhere....they are only in the older style larger fuses ats size.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 29d

As Ralph said, Now that you know where the problem lies in the injector plug you need to repair the plug and or the wiring. Circuit breakers are just used to help find the root cause without popping heeps of fuses or getting out from under a dash a million times while fault finding.

Yes I have isolated the problem but am not sure exactly where in the loom the damage is. It's obviously in the power feed of that plug so I will have to pull it apart and actually locate the problem and repair....thanks heaps for your advice guys :)

The plug in the photos seems to be the culprit - it supplies injector #1 and 2 I think, but also the fuel pump, there are two other plugs like it I'm assuming they supply injectors 3,4,5,6. If the plug is not connected it doesn't blow the fuse - if connected it blows the fuse as soon as ignition is switched on. I am assuming that the female (lower section) of the plug is the power side but that doesn't necessarily mean that the short is on that side but it's more than likely. I cannot find any visible damage, it's probably inside the loom which I will have to open up and investigate....in the mean time I've bought an old VY wagon as a back up car (needed a wagon anyway) so there's no hurry now to get my beloved turbo back on the road.

post-79096-0-48432400-1406274097_thumb.j

post-79096-0-39315100-1406274165_thumb.j

Edited by muso

It ran on LPG all the time except for when starting on petrol for a minute or so. But it hasn't run at all lately and won't until it's fixed.

• 3 years later...
  • Member For: 6y 1m 14d

Thanks for the thread guys, it helped me find a different short on the same circuit, (straight gas ba falcon).

Mine was the liquid gas solenoid on the gas evaporator / converter (the one at the bottom). It was a dead short which would blow fuse 30 inj.

The solenoid should measure 10- 12ohms after having your multimeter leads on it for 5 secs (impedance charge time, like an inductor)