Ba Bf Fpv Starter Button Fix

arronm

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 20d
20 hours ago, Andrew Irving said:

Do these ignition push button starter switches fit a 2003 GT performance please.

I think they are fairly standard over a few ford Falcon models.

do you have one with FORD on the switch.

price please and postage to Hobart 

cheers 

andrew Irving 

I sent you a PM. 

• 7 months later...
  • Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

These switches are getting hard to find.    Anyone with a dead one that wants it repaired or wants to sell one give me a PM. I have a guy with a GT that his button failed and a repair was attempted that destroyed the whole assembly. 

So any help would be appreciated. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member For: 4y 15d
On 05/12/2019 at 6:37 PM, arronm said:

These switches are getting hard to find.    Anyone with a dead one that wants it repaired or wants to sell one give me a PM. I have a guy with a GT that his button failed and a repair was attempted that destroyed the whole assembly. 

So any help would be appreciated. 

Hey mate,

would you be able to send me a quote for a repair on my starter button for my F6 Typhoon 04 BA MKII please. 

On 12/07/2014 at 11:22 PM, arronm said:

I have developed a procedure for repairing the BA BF Starter buttons. It looks almost like stock. There are two options stock red or blue.

So if anyone needs theirs repaired just PM me. Also if anyone has dead switches they no longer need please PM me.

New switch is on right.

IMG_4586_zpsc5762603.jpg

New switch top one.

IMG_4585_zpsf7c362b2.jpg

Blue is actually darker than the pic. matches the dash quite well.

IMG_4587_zps902bd3d0.jpg

I can’t see these photos is it possible for you to send me the photos so I can see what it looks like. 

• 3 months later...
  • Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

Iam in the process of making up complete new buttons with bezel.  This means you can have yours repaired or get a complete new one.  Will be right to go in 2 - 4 weeks

HzGJzTK.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

2 more repairs, Repairs include a brand new switch installed in your bezel and any damaged wiring repaired.  My CNC bezel with the help of Blair in the east. Complete new switches will be available and they will be cheaper than used ones that will fail over time. 

y0QkeiZ.jpg

2 new repairs

tzl95ZSh.jpg

Fresh cut CNC bezel. Thanks Blair. Billet rules.

o7IGdkfh.jpg

Fresh repairs. One is factory button, the other one I use. I think the factory is on the left but I honestly cant remember , The replacement switch feels softer and nicer to push than factory. 

Edited by arronm

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

Instructions for removal if you are going to send to me for repair.

These instructions aid in the removal of dash items that are required to allow removal of the BA BF Starter button. Just follow the steps.

1)    Remove the dash cluster. There are 5 screws, three in the top of the cluster and 2 at the bottom near the top of the steering column. See figure 1.

aGon4JJh.jpg

Figure 1

2)    With the dash out you will have access to the large nut on the rear of the starter button. Use a spanner to loosen the nut. If the front of the button housing starts to rotate use long nose pliers to hold it. Don’t forget the rag so it doesn’t scratch, See figure 2

vg9JvWMh.jpg

Figure 2

3)    Follow the wiring back from the button down to the plug connection. Disconnect the plug by pressing the release tab. As the plug connection does not fit through the nut the three wires need to be removed from the plug. This is done by lifting the small locking tab and then using a very small flat blade screwdriver to release the internal plastic tab to release the connection pins. NOTE – LABEL THE WIRE LOCATION ON THE PLUG TO AID IN REASSEMBLY. If removing the pins is too difficult, cut the wiring harness at about the central location and once I have repaired the button, I will remove the 3 pins and rejoin the cut section, see figures 3, 4 and 5.

CGXBg50m.jpgTHbzQZMm.jpg

Figures 3 & 4

jLWd2VMl.jpg

Figure 5

4)    Re-installation is the reverse of disassembly.

Please ensure the button is wrapped satisfactorily so the aluminum housing is not damaged or scratched in transport. Use a 500g Aus Post express bag and include a self-address additional bag so I can post back.

I conduct the repair the day the switch arrives and post return the next day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

Compete new starter buttons will be available within 2 -3 Weeks.  I have been making the looms for the first batch.

Can be supplied with brand new male and female connectors.

6Oyvzk7.jpg

shhworldsea-4Pin-2-2mm-male-female-for-T