Vale Craig Hodge (Rudiger)

tab

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 2d

RIP

His book is a great read and should be made compulsory reading when sitting for a drivers license

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

very sad- I especially feel for his family who now have to try to make sense of it all...

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

Well said Tabby. I'm not too proud to admit that I had a bit of a cry last night after work even though like Trent I had only met Craig in person twice, but spoken to him on the phone and via internet quite a bit.

Farewell Craig, you will be sorely missed.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

I'm absolutely amazed at his strength of character and his ability to make others laugh even though he was really doing it tough... An absolute legend of a man.

Making the trek to last years snowies cruise with him was absolutely worth the effort as he showed that even when he was doing it tougher than anybody, he could still enjoy himself and share a few stories.

Thanks for everything, Craig.

• Like 1

• Member For: 14y 1m 19d

Hi everybody,

Thank you so much for your kind words, they've made us all very teary. He was a humble man and he'd be very chuffed by everything that's been said about him. Thank you, each and every one of you, for giving him a place to go and events to go to that was his own little "home away from home" - Rachel was his pride and joy, and you made him welcome. I can't thank you enough. Rachel will be given to Connor, although he's only 15, so once I get off my P's, I might have to come on a cruise in his honour.

I thought you guys might like some more photos - as I've got plenty.

At the Kiwani's All Ford Day

199854_10150101077588590_4533697_n.jpg

At his 50th with the XR6T representatives

1622298_10151979618702946_1141705499_o.j

1506163_10151979618847946_738369714_o.jp

An amusing one from the Job

283289_2341997908848_170565_n.jpg

I'd like to say a massive thank you to everybody that was involved with the charity event our Relay For Life team "Happy Feet" held for Dad. He was so honoured to have so many people support and love him, and without your participation, whether you donated, or attended, or even just loved Dad, I don't know how much longer we would've had with him.

10463010_10152226895668461_1875885825951

Thank you all so much for sharing Dad's passion with him. Thank you Gary for being his mate and allowing us to share your room during last year's Snowies Cruise, thank you to Adam and Rusty for always popping in and having a chat with Dad; but of course, thank you everybody else for being his friend and giving your love and support.

I'll be keeping an eye over all of his internet forums/facebook etc. etc. I will post details of the funeral here as soon as we know them ourselves.

Thank you again. xx

• Like 7

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 2d

Bethany, "I'll be your wingman anytime!" :)

If you want a passenger for a cruise, I'm there.

• Like 1

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

No Bethany, thank you. Sincerely appreciate you dropping by...no doubt you've got many other things on your list of priorities at the moment.

• Like 1