Th400 Conversion.

allmtr

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 29d

Dellow and Castlemain Rod shop do these bellhousings iirc.

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 2m 10d

I have a torque power bell housing in my car the th400 has to be machined to accept it and a custom converter used.

Not quite as easy as the the adapter plate and spacer between the converter and flex plate I had on a 308 to go from trimatic to th400.

post-56782-0-73409000-1404531151_thumb.j

Sorry should've been more clear. That's a picture of the box I recently had built for my XR6T and like you say bellhousing + machining + custom converter and it ads up quickly.

Years ago I had an R31 skyline with a 355 stroker in it and it just had a dellows adapter plate like the one below between the block and bell housing and a spacer for the converter that was it I didn't like the look of it but I never had any issues with it.

Not quite as easy or cheap with the XR6 though unfortunately.

post-56782-0-70305000-1404560207_thumb.j

I'll have to dig out my old photo albums and scan 1 or 2 if I get a chance it was back in the days before the digital revolution.

It looked like a piece of crap but it did good burnouts & it was something different.

It cost me about $7000 to convert my XR6 but I did all the labour. drive in drive out 9/10K seems to be the going rate.

My car is now using 18L per 100K up from about 14L but wasn't expecting any miracles there.

• Like 1