Fg Xr6T Ex-Police Fleet Vehicle

Ferret75

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 23d

Plus suspension mods. And removal of speed limiter and if they request it, rev limiter. Plus second battery.

One of my mates, his dad works in highway. So definately legit

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 4d

Nice car...I have been following Pickles Auctions online, and prices for these cars are very strong at the moment, as there seems to be allot of demand for them.

You can definitely tell the difference between the cars that have been abused to those that have been taken care of.(Usually the country cars)

I would say about 30% of the ones I have seen are in good condition from a body/interior perspective...

I have had my FG for just over two years now and have had no problem with it.

I also still have my BF Mark II with around 230,000KMS on it and that's still going OK.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
  • Member For: 2y 10m 22d

Hi All, digging up old post, but cant find the answer anywhere else. I have a 2008 FG XR6T ex Victoria Highway Patrol I think. It is now 13yrs old and done 220kms. So as preventive maintenance I was going to replace the Transcooler.  Locally Ford Spare parts has said it different to none police spec. He couldn't tell the  me difference, except it is about 30 dollars more and listed for Police Cars. Mine was sold new to Victoria Police.

Do FPV F6 have different trans cooler as well? Perhaps F6 and Police pack option share same cooler.

Anyone know the differences? Could be a bigger or something like that to cool better in traffic, chasing baddies etc?

• Member For: 3y 1m 29d

First im hearing of it, the transmission heat exchanger between the xr6 turbo and f6 is identical in size and look so I'd doubt there's any internal difference..... maybe police cars got a different one but I highly doubt it.... tbh your better off going an aftermarket heat exchanger or cooler over the factory Ford unit anyways as

there rubbish 

Edited by TRYME

• Member For: 2y 10m 22d

Cheers, it has lasted 12 years and 220kms. So think it has done a good job.

There is definitely a different part number, cant tell you part numbers. I should've asked the spare parts guy. But as mentioned he said my car was ex police car and the heat exchanger was different. He couldn't tell me the difference, he did mention there is a mark/sticker that will identify it. I think orange and yellow sticker. My guess would be it is bigger internally or something to improve cooling under high work loads????? Cant see why would Ford fit one if there was no difference.

I remember back in the days the XD 351 four speed gearboxes had a different gear cluster. Or VK Commodores V8 had Brock heads etc and also had a special radiator kit with a small spoiler/scoop under the front bumper to force air into the radiator.

Whilst in the Pilbara in the early 90`s I was involved with Expensive Daewoo in fixing cooling issues for VN Commodores. They where overheating at full speed in high heat. Fun exercise being allowed to drive a police car at full speed down the highway and be legal........So at times, although people say Police vehicles are same as any vehicles of same brand/model etc. There can be slight differences.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1d

Tryme has a good point though - sometimes the heat exchangers fail quickly, sometimes slowly - but when they do, your ZF is stuffed. Much better to put in an aftermarket air-to-oil cooler and cut the coolant out if the transmission loop altogether.

• Like 1

• Member For: 3y 1m 29d

Yea not saying you were wrong just first I've heard of it and seeing as though FG been out since 2008 I thought maybe it would of come up by now if that was the case.... only ever difference I was aware of was the nsw cars got the f6 brakes as the standard ones weren't up HWP testing criteria..... thanks for letting me know 

• Like 1