Tail Shaft Mall Wood V Cheeper No Frills ?

• Member For: 10y 2m 20d

he said that he used much higher grade steel tubbing and the universals are rated to 1000 hp .and the centre coupler is used by the v8 supper cars with 600 hp (not the latest ones that use a trans axle ) he can make it even stronger if you want .but this suits me well .ps the universals on the end are for my ba 3v v8 diff (3.9 danna gears and a truetrack locker ) the tilshaft people do all kind of shafts (lots of mine work and towing trucks )massive shafts to mover shafts .they are called (farrow shafting services ) in nambour 100 klm from brisbane .pm me if you want the phone number .also they have taken all the rubber joiners of as they do not like 300 rwkw

Edited by gunna

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 14d

Im chasing a shaft in townsville , my mates chasing one up for me cause hardie quoted me $2500, I was thinking that's a bit to much I was thinking they around the 1200-1700 fitted but ill just have to see , cars only got 300rwkw but its running nizpro stage 2 zf with bittet intermeidate and 275mt ets going for a 11.9 or lower with stock converter , its all just in prep for the new turbo and possible rebuild with all the good stuff , still unsure on what turbo to run

Contact Dave at CPV in Mackay (if he already isn't your tuner) to see if he knows anyone else for the tailshaft.

• Member For: 10y 11m 16d

wow so many options. Hardy Spicer at Darra quoted 2k for a full new build with the upgraded rear CV and bigger center bearing; 480 ex GST to retube my shaft.

10SECN so your shaft is retubed but stock center bearing and rear CV? I am only looking to end up around 600rwhp and will bolt on some sticky tyres once or twice to run that 10 second / 130mph pass - don't want to overkill as you said before but then again don't want to do it twice because it broke

Yeah mine is full stock. Just retubed in 2.5 Cro mo. Car has done 20 10secn passes so far and no issues at all.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 14d

hardy spicer mackay 1500$

Did you get yours done by HS in Mackay Dprem?

Do you know if CPV is using them for tailshaft upgrades?

Being in NQ blows goats...

• Member For: 19y 4m 6d

Anyone know what the acceptable run out is on the ute tail shaft? Mine's at 020" thou and makes a dreadful racket between 85 -100 kmh.

Would a balance cure it? My driveshaft bloke wants to straighten it before he does any balancing.