Xr6 Ute? Or Xr6 Sedan

Hutch99XR6

• Member For: 9y 9m 17d

Hey Guys, First off I'm looking to buy a first car that I can work on and muck around with and do up how I please, I've always been predominately Ford man ( Not to say that I don't like Holdens') but for a first car I want it to be meaningful and what better way to do this then to buy an XR6!! But I'm tossing and turning over the issue of a Ute or a Sedan, I've seen good mods and ideas for both but what better than to ask people who know about it! So please give me your thoughts, pros, cons and all the good stuff

Enjoy!

• Member For: 11y 3m 19d

Its your first car so I'm guessing your 17 or 18. Buy the ute! That way you can't fit all your mates in the car therefore you won't have to be deso driver when going out.

As for all the 18th house parties you'll be going to; nothing better than passing out on a mattress in the back of a ute. Preferably with the birthday boys sixteen year old sister

• Like 4

Pretty open question there mate. Welcome

You planning to carry people or concrete around in this thing? If you want to carry bags of concrete you'll want the ute

First of all, thanks for all the welcomes, been roaming around these forums for a while and can't get enough of it.

And yes! First car super excited but I don't want to knock it around so concrete isn't a problem. As for people, besides my brother or the odd mate, that too isn't a major problem but what Phoon said was a good point.

So I get what you mean by all of that and pick what you want and what suits better.

One other thing that might help though is handling and performance?

I've heard that Utes have better handling due to the rear, But what is your opinion?

Also has anyone driven both and could give me just a brief summary?

Cheers Guys, Hutch

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m 24d

Actually utes handling is worse mate... xr6 N/A isn't much of a power house to begin with so just get the one that you'll enjoy and wait till you can afford or are allowed to drive a turbo...

• Like 1

Actually utes handling is worse mate... xr6 N/A isn't much of a power house to begin with so just get the one that you'll enjoy and wait till you can afford or are allowed to drive a turbo...

Okay thanks! I'll have a look around and see what happens, I'm going to go for what seems to appeal most to me but also price comes into it. But you get what you pay for and I want a lot.

Cheers Guys, Hutch

• Member For: 15y 3m 21d

I have the sedan's (FG NA and then turbo). I use mine for work all the time and am allways impressed with how much sh*t you can get into them, the back seats fold down and there is a trap door to the boot so you almost have a ute with canopy anyway ! and then when it dosen't all fit they are also really good towing vehicles. Stu

• Member For: 11y 3m 19d

When you say 'I want a lot' what exactly are you talking about?

This is an awesome site and if your after a few tips and friendly advice, your in the right place. But bear in mind that most of us here are performance orientated and prefer a clean car with a dick load of power

When you say you 'want a lot' in a n/a falcon it leads me to believe that your after the typical 'p plate' mods such as chopped springs on stockies, black tail lights, painted interior, neons and wet fart exhausts.

If that's the case, I suggest you maybe look at another site.

Welcome nonetheless!