Upgrade Your T5?

Venom XR

• Member For: 17y 10m 24d

ppg gearsets have you driven one on the street, I picked up my sons evo last night what a pig to drive, as soon as you back off it comes out of gear, it whines that loud that cars in front were pulling over, coming into a roundabout you clutch in but you can,t clutch out it would start banging forcing me to stop and put it back into gear, but down the track it would be a gem

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 18y 11m 10d

I was just talking to a bloke that is running 420rwkw and 1150nm thru his t5 in a mk1 xr6 turbo ute with extensive tranny upgrades... I'll try and talk to him more next time I see him to find out what was done and what sort of cost is involved, cos he is running some serious numbers!

• Member For: 18y 1m 13d

I am also interested to see what this guy has done to his tranny to hold that kind of torque, my bets it cost an arm and a leg :spoton: Stupid :pooh: t5 why didn't I go auto, sometimes I wonder

Daniel

• Member For: 18y 22d

Would really love to know - I'm running 312rwkw and over 750nm since the EDIT and all the work done so it wont be long till my T5 bites the dust.

• ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member For: 20y 10m 9d

Ive blown my drive shaft once with standard T5 and now once with my modded TF (straight cut gears). Its no so much the box in my case, both times it happened as I spun through a bump. As soon as the ass end came down, bang ..... but other then that, box has been in the car now for a good 10k km's, no problems what so ever.