Ba, Throttle Cut & No Boost In Neutral (Manual Trans)

patrol_maverick

• Member For: 11y 9m

Please read the post before commenting & attempting to flame me.

I'm NOT trying to rev it 'in neutral'

I am in the final stages of fitting a BA turbo engine into a Nissan Patrol and have had issues with throttle cut/ no boost.

This arvo I finally determined that the ECU thinks I'm just revving the engine with the gearbox in neutral (when infact I'm actually driving down the street).

I have done a flash tune which has been set as manual trans & no ABS (alternative speed input??). I have a signal generator plugged in to trick the ECU into thinking the vehicle is moving, but it makes no difference regardless of it being turned on/off. However it does read a speed signal on the data logger on Ford IDS, so I know the ECU is receiving the input.

My question is, how does it know weather I'm driving or just sitting there parked? And how do I solve the problem?

Edited by patrol_maverick

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

what have you done with the clutch switch wiring? can you log clutch switch state?

unless the torque management settings in the tune have been changed if the clutch switch input is indicating clutch in you get neutral rev limit if your moving or not.

No good. I wired up the brake & clutch switches on rocker switches so I can activate the circuits. They read fine using IDS, but I still seem to be stuck in a neutral state.

I also logged the inputs with the ECU back in the Falcon it came out of and for some reason it reads 'depressed' when the clutch pedal is released, and 'not depressed' with your foot on the pedal. Attached are the sreenshots with it in the Falcon.

turboecuinbareleased-Copy_zps386f9218.pn

turboecuinbapushed-Copy_zps624feb6d.png

Do I require any input from the instrument cluster? I have a U1900 CAN comm code, and when you log the CLUST_MSG its status says 'Yes' which I believe is an error message from no communication. Strangely, the BEM and ABS say 'No' for no error.