Android App "torque" Tips And Tricks ?

GUN-808

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 23d

Yep - but have a bit of hit and miss and contradicting info.

Was wondering if anyone had settings on their app that works to save me trawling through ;)

• Member For: 18y 8m 2d

After replacing a manual FG MK1 ( and running torque for years as pictured above) I have now got an Auto FG MKII 2012 F6.  I have tried to use my tablet/ODBII adapter in the F6 from my old car.    Although it does work and can even get TCM data  what I noticed:

1. Irratic shifting

2. oasting along ~80klm/hr it would change up/down a gear

3. at 110klm/hr (cruise on)  the RPM would go up/down ~200rpm -which I think was the torque converter locking / unlocking.

All the above was caused by having an ODBII adapter installed.   I changed the config to only display rpm/ etc (no complex PID from the auto etc and I went through 4 ODBII adapter before I have given up trying to get torque running in my F6 auto.  I did use it for probably 3 months before a highway trip and noticed the rpm fluctuating on cruise control.

Maybe the CAN bus in my car is not so good and an additional device is enough to slow down communications between the transmission control unit and ECU however suggest you keep an eye out.  I had initially thought my auto was on the way out. 

• Thanks 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 23d
28 minutes ago, bad inferno said:

Maybe the CAN bus in my car is not so good and an additional device is enough to slow down communications between the transmission control unit and ECU however suggest you keep an eye out

Where abouts are you? I've got a low energy (Bluetooth 4) one you'd be welcome to try and see if that helps at all.

There's also a setting in Torque to run higher speed data (with a warning) - maybe that was set on?

• Member For: 7y 3m 15d
On 6/12/2014 at 9:24 PM, MattyP said:

I'll take a screen shot of it tomorrow but timing should be all over the shop

It's very dynamic

At cruise it'll sit between 40 and 55 degrees advanced

At cold start it'll sit at minus 2.5 and warm idle it'll sit at 18

Very interesting stuff (well to me at least)

Have you got a pic of what I’ve unit u were using?