Android App "torque" Tips And Tricks ?

GUN-808

• Member For: 10y 5m 8d

Got the Scan Plug In the other day and had a geez at it today.. soooo many options to look at as opposed to the regular gauges.. prob too many for me lol :D
also clipped off the adapter and have the plug now permanently connected.. no worries with battery drain at all..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 15d

Battery probs will only happen when your battery is getting on (3yrs+) and you don't drive or start the car for extended periods (1wk) like myself!

I'm not sure on the age of my battery as I've owned the car (F6X) for 2yrs now so will guess that it's atleast 3yrs old and when I try and start it after a week or so the starter will just lag then crank slow or nothing and on the second try then it will crank over...

Funky sh*t can also happens with the low battery like the speedo or tacho won't work, rear door will not open via it's button but all is good once the car is stopped, key removed and then restarted again.

I'll get a new battery one day!

Jibbering there so now I'm off to bunnings and I'll check that trans temp code while I'm out for you fellas also...If the car starts!!!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 9d

I found the trans temp in the list you get when setting up a new 'gauge', highlighted in green here-

Screenshot_2014-06-28-16-20-071.png

Not so sure about the accuracy of some of them though, according to this my cat is running at 440 celcius!

screenshot.jpg

Edited by hawlass

• Member For: 10y 4m 29d

Did you change your units to metric in you vehicle profile? Cause if you change the unit in the pid itself that doesn't work. Torque will convert units automatically depending on your preference. 82 degrees seems right, should be close to coolant if your still running the heat exchanger.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 9d

Yes I have set relevant perameters to metric in torque. The trans and engine coolant seem to stay within a degree or two of each other. It would be interesting to see how a car with a fluid to air trans cooler logs, temp difference wise.

After asking uncle google he reckons a cat needs to reach 430 C to convert nasties properly, so its normal I guess.

Mental note, dont park in long dry grass.

• Like 1