Builders Knowledge Needed

Azid

• Member For: 21y 20d

They just wanted the tv in that position, the TV covered the board. Whilst there are many ways to skin a cat, ideally for residential construction and a professional job you would want to reinforce the studs before the plasterboard goes on. I deal with tradies quite often and find many of them a bit thick. Many say they have done the job for 20 yrs and don't like being told what to do but many have being doing the job wrong for 20 yrs and are too thick to know it.

CSR and alot of plasterboard manufactures have the correct method to install their products. CSR do have their installation manuals and it may have their recommended way of dealing with fixtures on studded walls.

But the builder would consider this as a variation and charge an arm and leg for it.

• Member For: 11y 1m 24d

The steel will be fine if not better with the correct fittings to mount the bracket, the load is spread across 4 mounting points therefor increasing the strength of the wall once the bracket is mounted.

I worked on a 2 billion dollar hospital project and anything that had to be mounted on a stud frame wall that weighed more than a few grams had wooden noggins installed between the studs to screw into

Normal metal screws also rip out of the metal frame quite easily. Roof screws were decent

Personally I'd want wood in there