Hdi Intercooler Are They Any Good ?

• 8 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 1m 26d

Wow, some pretty rough comments here. considering no one here owns one.

Well I have one and it goes a little more than 300rwkw and the highest recorded intake pressure was 19psi.

But yes, my tuner did say the intake temps were a little higher than other brands. It however didn't perform as badly as people say.

For less than $500 - I'm not complaining. I'm not saying everybody go out and buy one, I'm just saying - its not a piece of sh*t like everybody on this forum would have you think.

Haters gonna hate, but for the coin - no issues to report other than it's a bit of work to install, but in saying that - It's the first and only intercooler I've ever installed myself so I can't really compare it to anything.

IMG_5640.jpg

• Like 3

• Member For: 11y 10m 2d

I can see how it runs on one dyno run, but what about constant boost around a track at different speeds. I guess for a few pulls on the street it may be fine for low power cars.

This is what I don't like about product comparison everybody jumps on their brand bandwagon without actually having tried different ones and explaining how it performed.

Edited by Z2TT

• Member For: 13y 1m 26d

Yea that's a valid point, I haven't noticed it get slack yet after a few consecutive pulls on the street. But note the dyno sheet, that run is the 32nd run.

Tuner did mention intake temps were higher than typical. Which id be upset by if I spent $2k on a cooler, but I didn't, I didn't even spend $500 and I installed it myself. So pretty cheap power if you ask me.

Who here races their falcon?

Most guys here drive it as their daily and do an occasional drag day which is like 1 run.

I saw one falcon with insane power at the drags once...it didn't even have a cooler.

Bandwagons will always exists cause everybody "heard" or "has a mate with one" etc.

But for the benefit of the forum, my results should clear up the "300rwkw max" that people claim about these coolers.

I'm not saying they're better than PW or Nizpro, I'm just sharing my results and showing they're not sh*t like people say they are.

I like the clamps - I think they're awesome. Look cool too

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 7d

Insane drag car you mention would have been running on methanol/alcohol

If it didn't have a cooler

These fuels have an insane cooling effect

Edited by Wilko16

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 3d

The main problem I hate with hdi is how low they make the kit. It bloody stupid!

But re: max power....they say the same thing with Autotecnica coolers. People say they are only just better than stock. But read a few guys getting well into the 300s (one gumtree bloke rekons 380 but I still call BS on that one lol)