Slow Speed Knock/rattle In Rear End Of Fg

ello678

• Member For: 9y 10m 8d

Goodluck with yours.

Mine's still quieter than it was before in terms of the knocking, but the damn rattles inside with the doors and the dash. Going to pull the trims off in the next couple of days and tighten things up and then put dynamats in if needed.

• Member For: 18y 3m 10d

Cheers mate yeah hope it works for mine too.....

FG noises hmmmm yep fun, after the new bolts il be able to live with the rest lol, I thankfully dont have many! I had nothing but drama with my bloody drivers seat even after I had it welded up, had the seat out like 10 times!!! But finally found it was the tension wires underneath that squeak! Fixed it with pallet strapping....but matt ello678 had the better fix with his nail idea!!!

Its crazy that so many of the fg range have the same problems thankfully we have all worked together to try to fix them, where would we be without forums, and top people!

• Like 1

• Member For: 18y 3m 10d

So had the new sleeves installed on the bottom shock bolts, and it has made no difference, this confirms in my case that it was always the top mount that has been the problem, as I did manage to get it to shut up for a little while when I spun the top mount 180degrees, I will apply the same fix to the top bolt in the near future.

But a big shout out to paul from heasman suspension for the help, they have solved it for others, just not me.

• Member For: 9y 10m 8d

I'm thinking of doing my top bolts as well. Going to call Paul tomorrow hopefully and ask if those bolts they've made can be fit to the top mounts. If so, I'm going to look at doing that.

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 12y 1m 29d

Dont know if anyone else is still having this issue but the noise started to get worse again over the past 2 months. I took it back to heasemans and after 3 days of trial and error they replaced the left rear bilstein with a brand new item and sure enough the noise is gone! Its only taken 3 years on and off of me complaining. Must of just got a dud shock.

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 14d

Sorry to revive an old thread. Did this ever get resolved. My 2015 FGX with Kings and Bilsteins is having the same issue. The car has been checked over by the suspension place and Ford multiple times and even had Pedders look in to it. Nobody can find anything. I had the Bilsteins removed and stock shocks put back in and perfectly silent. The Bilsteins were sent for testing and they said that there were no issues found. They are sending them back with new lower shock bolts. Just want to know if I am waisting my time with the new bolts.

You can try the new bolt. Initially it made the noise a bit quieter for me, but it eventually came back just as loud. If youre in Sydney take it to Heasemans as they are the Aus dealer for bilstein and ask them to test fit a brand new shock and if the noise disappears tell them to leave it in there. Otherwise take it back to the place you bought it from and ask for a replacement.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 14d

Thanks for the reply. The shocks were sent to Heasemans they tested them-no issues found so they sent them back with the new bolts. I have asked for a test shock as you suggested but don't think they will be forthcoming. I have even offered to pay for a new shock and if it resolves the issue, I keep the new shock, they refund me and they get to keep the original shock. I am awaiting there reply.

Yeah I feel your pain. Mine were sent to heasemans for testing with "no issues" found. It was only after I took my car to them they identified the noise and replaced the shock bolt. Noise came back and I was at my wits end with the problem. I even contacted the ACCC for advice and they said its up to the store you purchased them from to provide a warranty or refund. I was about to do that but gave heasemans one more chance and luckily they replaced it with a brand new shock. If I were you I would say that you know that they have replaced shocks in the past and you want yours replaced. Good luck!

• 2 years later...
  • Member For: 4y 4m 8d
On 28/06/2014 at 11:22 AM, ello678 said:

Ok, so ive just taken the bilsteins out to measure the hole diameter and they are about 0.1mm smaller than stock. So I was thinking it surely cant be the bilsteins but I wanted to be sure. So ive just chucked the stock shocks back in and sure enough, quiet as a mouse! I took it for a half hour drive along the normal route when it used to knock like crazy and the stock shocks were fine. It must be something internal in the bilsteins. I got them from Wholesale and Pat is a good guys so im hoping he can help me out when I give him a call on Monday.

Hi did you have a rattle noise with the bilsteins coming from your back shelf where the speakers are & then disappeared once you placed stock shocks in 

I just bought a 2007xr6 bf when I drive out the driveway bump over some bumps while driving etc I can hear a sound that sounds like a loose wire is rattling in the rear shelf where speakers are more so on the left side middle also it’s driving me crazy lol, I have checked the boot shaken the boot opened the cover from the boot to see under the speaker shelf and I can’t find anything loose anywhere, then we tested my friend slowly driving it over the end of the drive way bump an could hear a slight noise from behind left wheel, could this be 2 seperate issues, I would be grateful to anyone’s suggestions as to what it may be cos I’m puzzled