Slow Speed Knock/rattle In Rear End Of Fg

ello678

• Member For: 12y 1m 7d

Yeah its going good, I still have heard it a few times, but when I do its not as loud or as consistent, just a quick knock and that's it. Anything above a 6 volume and you'd have to be listening very carefully to notice.

• Member For: 9y 9m 16d

Who's the guy you were dealing with ello? Phat stak and I didn't have much luck with a guy called Steve. Wasn't really interested in helping out when spoken to him in the past.

Also, did they only put the sleeve on the bottom shock mount? And on both sides or just passenger?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 9y 9m 16d

I had the 2 bolts replaced in my car this morning. Dealt with Paul and he was really helpful.

He explained that the stock bolts on the rear shocks were 13.8mm at the thread, but at the spacer section (first half) the thickness dropped down to 12.5mm thickness.

So, they have new bolts made with the same thickness and put a sleeve on it that brings the thickness of the spacer bit (first half) to 14mm.

Having driven back through some sh*tty roads of inner west, it seems to a bit quieter, but I want to test it out for another week or so, incase it's just a placebo effect.

Paul mentioned these are still prototypes at the moment and they will be replacing them out as orders/complains come through, under warranty. As long as you have bilsteins, you can get them under warranty (doesn't matter when you got them installed).

Edited by 08G6ET

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 2d

So is this a definite thing for all bilsteins? I bought second hand billys and yet to install....

are you guys all in BA/BF or FG?

Might have to re read this thread at a closer date to installing :/

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 3m 6d

I don't have this problem with my BFII. Had Bilsteins in for a couple months now, I didn't think there was any differences between the rear end of a late BFII and an FG.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 18y 2m 18d

It does not happen straight away for whatever reason, mine came after maybe 6months or so....

It does not seem to happen to everyone who puts them in, some guys have had them years and no dramas.

Though I have seen a post from a bloke with a B series f6 complaining of exactly the same thing, then put factory back in and no knock, it was a post which was made years ago on fordforums with not many replies......

Its even more odd that not only to do some cars not suffer with it, but that in my case and some others, its only the passenger side that does it......

But I have another theory (I have had a few lol) I think it is rear wheel camber related, mine from memory is different side to side, not much, but could be enough, I have had camber correction done on mine with bushes due to the fact I have 3sl/4sl kings, every car would have different wheel alignments and its possible there is a range of where it may induce the noise......probably barking up the wrong tree though....

Anyway im going in tomorrow to heasmans to get my sleeves put in, and hopefully I never have to worry again!