327 Rwkw 760Nm Xt One Tonne Ute (Was A V8)

genuine  honest  person

• Member For: 10y 6d

Great effort gunner. The wheels really support the 'sleeper' look.

Can you reduce the 1 tonne carrying capability by using a lower rated tyre, then have the registration papers changed to that rating( I had a 1.5t trailer registered as a 1t because Tyres didn't match the axle rating??).

Nearly there Mate.

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 2m 21d

na mate ,it can not be done .have phoned main roads (modification approvals ) and they said no .also a passenger tyre to comply will have to be rated to 106 load rating or 1.1 % more than a light truck tyre (light truck tyre only has to be 102 load rating ) I can never get the ute down graded to xr specks .very disappointing but I have to stick to light truck tyres , if I want any insurance at all .on friday I changed my insurance to Shannon's and it is cheeper than youi ,only $481 for full comp and the ute is insured for $17000 . I can get it evaluated by them if I want to do that once I got it running .

• Like 1

getting there slowly ,but I got the front bar fitted -strengthened the battery mounting supports -wired up the autometer gauges -fitted a on and of switch for the oil cooler fan - fixed the bonnet cable slop -painted all the visible parts behind the grill -shortened the cold side piping so that they join better . today I will modify the air box so that I can remove the air filter more easily . and might even change the spark plugs to new ones .have changed the coil packs already .will post more pictures soon

still got to fit the tray (have to assemble it first )when I get the rest of the parts back from the powdercoaters . this is the colour of the tray

nowP1014788_zps7c33d4b4.jpg

P1014789_zpsa657232d.jpg

just looks like a standard ba ute with a xr 6 bonnet ( ps the ute has not been washed for about 5 month it is covered in dust and finger marks )

P1014785_zps7c21f427.jpg

P1014786_zps154c29ce.jpg

P1014782_zps63cf21eb.jpg

P1014781_zpsc3514657.jpg

P1014778_zpsb817c7e9.jpg

P1014787_zpsced0f5fc.jpg

P1014786_zps154c29ce.jpg

P1014707_zpsae563824.jpg

P1014783_zpsb2f55aa3.jpg

have changed the diff oil today .its a true track locker with 3.7 or 3.9 danna gears .the limslip 140 that I drained was that thick it took one hour to drain ,this stuff was like $60 for the 2.5 litre .is this stuff ok to use in a locker ? it was a lot thinner in viscosity ,but I was unable to find any limslip 140 for two weekends going to different shops .so I decided to use the full synthetic penrite .

P1014718_zps6031de1c.jpg

ended up having to cut a lot out of the front bar ,fitted some black rubber to the bar to hide the inter cooling pipe

P1014779_zps1bf1e3f9.jpg

P1014777_zps7bcb51f3.jpg

made the anchoring point stronger ,fitted 3 mm plates and some electrical clamps as well as the 6mm hardened bols going threw the battery box into the steel chase . added the plastick clip just for a little insurance so the battery does not fall out if the two wing nuts come loose .I know it would not help much at all

P1014780_zpsd49e3dd3.jpg

• Like 3

• Member For: 12y 7m 6d

Wow! Next time I'm up he sunny coast il keep an eye out for it, congrats on the conversion there's a tone of work there.

Awesome sleeper though,get it away from elite and get it to lee at rep he will look after you

Cheers

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 4m 29d

Looking good mate, id say its one, if not the best BA ive seen. Just cause it looks brand new and its like 10yo. Lots of little details that make the difference. its just mint!