Awd Territory Vibration

stew565

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 4y 3m 27d

I had these exact sysmtoms, smooth as to 60 then a horrible vibration and drone after that, thought it was tyres, checked them and it was still there, turned out to be the tailshaft centre bearing, replaced that and a world of difference. There was a engine mount issue too that ive just done but that was just giving me vibration at idle.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 7m 3d

Ive got a slight harmonic at 80km/h. Had the tailshaft and centre bearing done recently as very good workshop. Could be fuggin anything!

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d
On 06/08/2018 at 6:42 AM, Chilly said:

Wow you got nothing better to do than make comments on other people's membership, go get a real life. 

its been over 1 year.  Keith have you got a real life yet ?

• 9 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 7m 7d

Hi, I seem to have a similar issue on my wife's 2007 Turbo Ghia  🤨

Thought it was tyre related initially as the mechanic we use said the Forterra tyres I had on had a lot of weight on them to balance but have taken it to 2 tyre places and while they said there was a slight issue with the tyres they didn't believe that was causing it as like the OP it is mainly around 95-100 it starts depending on road conditions and gets worse up till ~120kmh which is as fast as we've pushed her given the whole car shakes 🙄

Also, they said the tyres had been balanced several times and the wheel alignment checked twice and all was good. Plus it's not doing it all the time, it's mainly under load and while on cruise control not on deceleration or going slightly downhill 😕

Back at the beginning of June we got the suspension checked by Pedders and so far we've had them replace both rear shocks, both rear Control Blade Arms, 3 Control Arm Pivot Joints, 1 new front CV Shaft and instal a Rear Lateral Arm/Toe Link and front & rear Urethane Diff Mount Bushes so almost the whole suspension has been done and while there was a slight improvement to the vibration and the vehicle handled better the vibration has started to come back 😰

Everything else they said was fine, they said the front shocks could possibly need replacing down the track but were serviceable at the moment and not something that would be affecting the vibration 😑

The front rotors and pads are good and the rear rotors and pads were replaced at the beginning of the year, the Auto transmission was serviced with new sump/filter & fluid in Sept 2018 and the prop shaft balanced at the same time 😉

The centre bearing was replaced a couple of months prior to that along with a new trans cooler and pipes as that was leaking and a couple of months before that we had a reconditioned cylinder head replaced as it had corroded along with new Iridium plugs/timing chain/tensioner/belts/pulleys etc and rear main seal

🤨  

The beginning of 2017 we had new Track Rod ends, boots & bushes done 😉

When Pedders did the suspension work they had a look at the transmission and engine mounts and couldn't find anything obvious, is it possible they could be stuffed?
I got underneath with my son yesterday arvo and on the right-hand side there is what looks like an adaptor plate that goes between the alloy engine mount and the engine and one of the nuts was a bit loose but we tightened it up and it didn't seem to make any difference  😕

Anything else we can look at?

Edited by Para045