Awd Territory Vibration

stew565

• Member For: 5y 9m 15d

Hi all, not sure if this helps but when the engine mounts were gone in my Territory it was vibrating at idle too especially when cold...... On a separate occasion I was experiencing vibrations under load while driving. I was fed up with it so got under the car and began looking around rear diff/suspension area ( as had previously replaced all diff and control arm bushes), I noticed a shiny section on the sub frame that mounts the diff and suspension to body near the exhaust pipe where paint was worn off. While it was parked either engine off or at idle it seemed to have about 10mm clearance but under load was twisting just enough to move closer ever so slightly to rub against this frame. Replaced hanger rubbers and slightly tweaked the metal brackets, managed to get almost a fingers gap and a bit of a touching up with paint so the frame doesn't rust and it was sweet...... Not sure if that is your issue but worth a quick look. Follow exhaust at rear of car where it loops around subframe and look for any possible contact spots, mine was rubbing just after the first muffler where it first bends up then back down again over subframe.... Good luck.:)

• 1 month later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 26d

Had a vibration problem under load 90 to 110 k, re-balanced the tail shaft, better but not fixed.

Fitted new lower front arms (excessive play) and fitted new front Cv shafts (boots split and rattly).

Found one Cv roller bearing collapsed (L/h side inner).

Now all vibrations gone.  :imsohappy:

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Well done on fixing the problem and having only a single post in your 11year membership on this forum. Solid effort :spoton:

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Just as I finished writing this up @Rab...

I'll judge ya K31th :tv:

• Roof over ya head✔
  • Food in the fridge ✔
  • Lifts weights ✔
  • Gets laid ✔

What else do ya need apart from fixing ya car? :stirthepot: