Fg Mk 2 Xr6 Ute How Do I Go About Turboing It

Styles114

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 10y 2m

yes mate listen to the people ,I did not .thought it can not be that hard ,but nearly 5 month later I am still doing the v8 to turbo 6 conversion .trust me all the little parts add up $$$$. I was lucky I bought a complete wreck for $2400 and sold about $3000 parts of it but it still cost me so far about $6000 .now I still need a tune and some electrical problems to sort out .but I defiantly had some good times and baaaaaad times ,but in the end I can say I have build my own car (it was not bought that way ) would I do it again, yes I would it was a great experience as I am only a glazier ,with no mechanical experience and have now improved some of my car skills (with the help of 2 great ford forums ) to ask for help

• Member For: 15y 3m 22d

I thought about doing a conversion and ended up trading mine on a turbo like everyone says. No regrets but I would add that if are going to trade it in, and you have a need for speed, you should consider getting a turbo that someone has allready boosted up a bit - (although not flogged to death), as you will probably end up doing that anyway. Just a mild around 300rwkw dosen't seem to drastically blow reliability or fuel consumption but it took me around $7k to get there from standrd turbo (I know - more money than sense). Good luck. Stu

• Like 1