Wollongong Area

Pixy Angel

• Cruise Control
  • Member For: 17y 3m 21d

Yep....daughter No 1 (lives at Albion Park) was using it until daughter No 2 wrote it off....
Spent the last 3 months setting up the BF Typhoon I bought to replace it...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 8y 10m 19d

I'm guessing no one really "mans" the admin box

I sent Dags a PM but no reply

What's done to the new toy Reg?

Turns out it's going to take a bit longer than expected to get my car running again :(

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 8y 10m 19d

I took the car off the road for a while cause I had a company provided car. Put old Betsy back on the road and all it took was 4 days of hard fun and the turbo let go. The company car was a V8 so I kind of missed the whole boost thing.

I think what's happened was the stock oil supply line got clogged with some of the old oil and just starved the core and the shaft eventually gave in. Mostly my fault I did change the oil in the car and I did hear a weird sound come from the turbo a couple of times (a high pitched surge sound coming off boost) it should of been a dead giveaway. I was coming down Springhill road one afternoon and pushed the accelerator pretty close to the floor and noticed there was a significant amount of power missing.. Straight home to find a little bit a lot more then your normal shaft play in the turbo

Turbo is getting rebuilt now with a GTX core, opening up the internal gate and a bigger flapper to go with it and a new actuator. I thought if it's going to get rebuilt then I won't quit at half time.. Just go all out

Hopefully pick up the turbo tomorrow then get some injectors, new FMIC, look at the fuel system and see what can be done there then put it on the dyno and hope it all works ?

Left the car on the back burner over the Christmas period but it's time to get back into it. I don't have the company car anymore so I need something with a bit of chilli in it ?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 23d

I take my car to 1st Choice Mechanical on Swann St Wollongong.

http://www.wollongongmechanical.com.au/

See Andrew and Mandy and tell them I sent you. A great workshop and great people.