Vcm/ Ids Chinese Clones. Work With Falcons?

patrol_maverick

• Member For: 11y 9m 22d

I'm looking at buying one of the Chinese clones of the VCM with the IDS software. Has anyone had any good/ bad experiences using them on the Falcon/ Territory?

I want one for configuring the PCM settings. Is there any alternatives?

I have Torque on Android, and Focom on Windows7, but they are really just for scanning codes and reading data.

Where is the best place to buy a VCM clone at a good price?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d

I've not had any issues with features missing from FMP. Everything you wise to alter above is avaliable in FMP. Neither IDS nor FMP will allow you to "tune" a pcm outside the normal configurable parameters the dealer would have access to.

I've helped out several guys over here in Perth who have bought VCM/IDS clones for PCM parameter resets and PATS disables for engine conversions. The results seem to be the same. The units work once or twice then the circuit required to provide 18v for the Field External Progam Pin burns out and the units is good for F-All.

• Member For: 11y 9m 22d

Fair enough. I've got FMP but it doesn't seem to work for me (probably the sh*t cable I have) Does it work fine with BA's?. Is there away around the need for a paid subscription? I know there's cracks/ licence patches for the IDS versions, but I havent found any info for FMP.

And can FMP be used for diagnostics, e.g. code reading, data logging/ graphs, etc?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d

FMP can only be used for programming functions. a license is $30(ish) for 2 days. You need an approved device to view the parameters. I used it an my bosch lt on my ba to install a new pcm, program the HIM for dual zone etc etc. it can also program the IC, But for the parameter you want to adjust it will be fine as they are all PCM parameters.

I'd post screen shots of the functions but I don't need to use it some im not wasting $30 just for some screen shots.