Ba Turbo Engine Conversion, Lack Of Power

patrol_maverick

• Member For: 11y 9m

I've put a BA turbo engine into a Nissan Patrol and it seems somewhat sluggish (struggles to get to 3000rpm). When I take off it feels ok, but when I go to 2nd/ 3rd gear etc the boost struggles to go past 3psi. When the engine was still in a Falcon it drove fine.

Also the thermo fans dont work with the PCM. If I ground the relays manually they work fine, and they don't log codes during the KOEO self test (unless I have the relay disconnected) so it appears to be wired fine.

Would any of the following codes bare any effect on my situation:

P0443 Purge valve

P0532 A/C pressure sensor

P1465 A/C relay

P1565 Speed control command switch (Cruise control??)

P1900 CAN

With the fan relays disconnected I get P1474/ P1479 codes. Would this affect drivability?

Do I need to connect any of these in order for the PCM to work correctly:

-Brake switch

-Clutch switch

-Cruise switches

-A/C relay/ pressure switch

-Vehicle speed input

I've also fitted a bigger intercooler, a 3 inch exhaust with no cat, and FG exhaust manifold/ dump pipe.

post-52229-0-81070500-1399800665_thumb.p

• Member For: 11y 9m

Ok so disregarding the codes in the first post, I have checked the throttle via a data monitor on my scan software and I'm only getting 50% throttle. I have graphs (attached) showing it going to full throttle then dropping back and flatlining at 50% until the pedal is released.
I did get one drive with 2 logged codes, P2105 and P2110 (limited power and limp mode), however if it were in limp mode, wouldn't it log a code every time?
I have tried 2 different throttles and 2 different accel pedals, but with the same results each time (used parts, condition not known)
Fuel pressure remains fairly constant (mechanical guage), and boost seems to stay stable at about 5 psi (via scan tool and mechanical guage).
I found a TSB in another thread saying the codes commonly relate to TPS failure, but it only logged the codes once, and the poor throttle have been the same for the past half dozen drives.
How much effect would changing the exhaust and intercooler have on the situation? The exhaust has no cat, but the pipe crosses under the engine and runs along the passengers side). I know I should get a tune, but I need to work out what is causing the issue before splashing more money.
I've tried to be thorough with the diagnosis (I'm a Nissan dealer technician BTW) but I'm not real familiar with mods/ tunes on Fords. Research tells me Fords don't tolerate mods too well without a tune.
Going on this info, can someone tell me if this is more likely a tune related issue caused by the mods, or will I look further into the TPS/ wiring?

Shown on the graph you can see where I took off from a standstill, the first spike was accelerating, followed by closed throttle (gear change), then the second acceleration with it dropping back to/ staying at approx 50% open throttle.

post-52229-0-95719400-1400063608_thumb.p

• 3 years later...
  • Member For: 6y 16d

Definately the brake switches and clutch switches have to wired in 

especially the brake switch had a ba/bf cant remember which one the other day exact same thing fang it in 1st goes well, 

get it into second and then only 3 psi boost, 

checked all the fault codes and found brake switch, installed a new one cleared fault codes straight up to 6-7 psi

any ways the guy that posted this never came back with the answer or the fix to his vehicle, we would love to hear if you got it fixed???