Upgrading From Standard Climate Control To Hi End Dual Zone.

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 9y 11m 14d

Hi just wondering if anyone has done a complete climate control conversion on a BA series 1 , I have recently installed the Hi end Dual Zone Fairlaine ICC unit with the auto climate control etc, I am in the process of gathering the necessary bits and piece to go through with the full conversion so I can use the Auto climate control mode, I've managed to track down the BEM, HIM, Left hand Mirror with sensor and wiring loom, daylight sensor and vent shaft rods with RH motor and harness, as well as the auto light and wiper control for the steering column , I was just wondering as this is a BA series 1 do you need to change the complete dash wiring harness or will the existing one have the necessary connections to attach the daylight sensor and upgraded Auto light switch etc to the BEM . Also will I need to change the mixer box for the vents or will the dual rods and RH motor fit into and onto the existing,

Any Help or Info would be greatly appreciated .

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 10y 9m 6d

Hi there.

I carried out this conversion on my old ba xr6 ute and also on my fg ute.

I found I only needed the premium icc and its bem .the Lh mirror and harness the actuator and harness and the duelzone rods. the other sensors arn,t required unless you want the auto headlights feature .but you will find the harness wont connect to the sun sensor. The icc regulates temp through the front panel of the icc. The him module is also not required as your original can be reprogrammed by for to run in duelzone mode.your him also has a socket to plug the Rh actuator harness in.The new mixer shafts fit your existing heaterbox .And the Actuator fits Rh side with 2 mounting screws/harness runs behind the top housing and plugs into your Him module.You also need to run 2 extra wires from The body harness plug that the LH mirror harness to a second plug behind the LH kick panel .I used wires from my old LH mirror harness just untaped them and backed out the terminals.They will clip into the plugs I mentioned.these wires are for the temp sensor and will get the readout to operate on the icc. Hope this helps...