I Get Bad Front Vibration On Fpv F6X

XFPV

• Member For: 9y 11m 14d

Hi all, first time on the forum. I just recently bought a 2008 FPV F6X and I noticed there's a bad vibration coming from the front end that resernates throughout the cabin and dash. This only happens when I'm stopped and in 'Drive' mode. When I drive off it's all good and the vibration stops but when I come to a stop (in Drive) it vibrates really baddly. When car is in 'Reverse' or 'Neutral' the vibration is minimal and none in 'N' mode. Appriciate any valued feedback into possible causes. I've also noticed my idle is all over the place (somewhere at 550-600 RPM) when in 'Drive' mode but I noticed too that I have a SS Inductions throttle body installed. Otherwise I really love the car.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 19d

My mate bought a bf xr6t a couple months ago and when I drove it I noticed the same problem you did

He replaced his coil packs and it has been gone since then

• Member For: 9y 11m 14d

Thanks guys. I think if it were the coil packs then it would also vibrate in 'N' & 'R' selections, but the vibration is only happening when it's in 'D' mode. I wonder if it's to do with a aftermarket SS Induction Throttle Body on my car?

• Member For: 10y 10m 28d

One of the common problems.Replaced coil packs (VDO) and NGK Platinum plugs,idling in "D" slight vibration needle down to 550 with slight movement.other ways perfect.Broken mount would cause vibration but wouldnt lower idle speed.But im working on it,I think its got somethink to do with the heat.Yes when temp needle lines up with the first line of the temp. gauge idling drops (when stop for lights or )but once the needle moves away from the line towards the halfway mark idling normalises.Therefor I think its heat related.