Sign in to follow this  
masda74

Group Buy: Process West Air Intake Muffler Delete

This is a group buy for the Process West Air Intake Muffler delete.

Here is the [url="http://processwest.com.au/products/ford/fg-products/air-intake-muffler-delete"]link[/url] for the site, so that you know what you are buying.

The Process West Air Intake Muffler delete item only fits the FG XR6 Turbo.

The agreed special that Kevin can do for us as a group buy will have a cost of $150 + $15 for delivery. Delivery is via 3KG satchel which should be signed off on.
I have to make a one off payment, so I will need everyone to transfer funds to my account before hand, like I did for the group buy of the Brake braided lines.
This only applies to the standard 4"intake to 3". this will not apply to the 4" to 4" as they are a lot dearer.

Can I please have a show of hands, of those that are interested?

Edited by tab

Would a tune be required after install?

Also, I was reading another thread where a member believed it caused increased lag - is this confirmed?

Would a tune be required after install?

Also, I was reading another thread where a member believed it caused increased lag - is this confirmed?

Hey mate,

I had one on my FG F6 and you would be crazy not too get this kit!  Opens up so much whistle and noise - It's worth every cent.

You don not need a tune as it's only replacing a factory plastic section with a mandrel bent section.  From what I understand, it's the same dimensions and the noise comes from the fact that it's aluminium. 

As far as lag went - I could not feel a noticeable difference.  I can recommend pairing this with one of the Street OEM side airbox kits as well.  Insane amount of induction roar + increased turbo whistle from the muffler kit + :spoton:

Both are worth every cent!

just put mine on and it sounds the same. just looks neater. lucky I did because my joiner on the turbo end was split and was going to go into the turbo eventually if I did do the muffler delete.

Righty Hoes, looks like this may be an interesting buy as we dont have the numbers. Will be three of us including myself.
Lennox, i am assuming that you are going to be making your own.

When is the dead line for this? What is the difference between this 4-3" kit and the all 4" kit? I assume the standard crossover pipe has a 3" opening?

The turbo itself has a different size opening
Anyone running the gtx or 6235 need a 4 to 4
Stock turbos or a 3540 need a 4 to 3

I am happy to let the group buy go for two weeks and then it has to be ordered.
How come you guys ask?
Thanks to BiZkets and McMatty for your replies. If you do require a 4" to 4 ", I am happy to speak to Kev and get some pricing.
Might get us some more numbers.

Thanks for the replies. I was curious as to why there were two different options companies would usually either sell to fit aftermarket only or stock replacements only. My car as it sits is 100% standard so the 4"-3" will be the one I need.

I get paid in just under a fortnight if payment can wait that long. Being the one that brought the idea up, yes I am in, just need to be paid before I can pay.

Thank you.

What is the RRP?

If im to get a intercool and pipe work will I need this option?

Can I pay cash on pick up? I live locally

RRP is $195 and in the first post it states to pay up front as the organiser needs to pay a lump sum to PW for this price to go ahead.

Thanks for that, that is correct, payment has to be made as a single lumpsum payment. However once paid, I am pretty sure that Kev would be happy to let you pick it up.
I am happy to wait 2 weeks, we just need the numbers.

Just to add, for those still with warranty and wish to keep it. I checked with the dealership that I bought the car from and have it serviced with and was told this isn't considered a performance upgrade by them and would not void warranty. It would be best to check with the dealership you use.

Right, time to update. So far these are the people who want to be part of the group buy:

Visine
Raband
Bulletime (assuming you in)
FGMKII
Gussa
LEEXR6T

Hopefully we get a few more to make it worthwhile for Kev. ;)
I shall let this run until Sunday the 26th. I will then put the order forward to Kev on Monday morning.
Is that enough time for everyone?