Fg - Climate Aircon Fault

karlp2

• Member For: 10y 7m 12d

Strange thing happening, left side constantly blows cold aircon air regardless of what temperture the climate air is set at, has anyone else had this? It goes in next week to get looked at.

Got fixed today, cost NZ$534 though. They had to replace the air con temperture sensor, and the 'kit air mixer shaft'. Shouldn't have to deal with this sort of stuff on a car that's only 3.5yrs old, just ridiculous really, vent over... back to enjoying the car now.

• Like 1

Where did you get it fixed?

John Andrew Ford at Grey Lynn (Akld Central), tried them this time instead of their Henderson service centre.

Latest update... will have to take the car back to Ford, problem has not been fixed, no doubt they'll want to try and charge me even more money. Not good, so frustrating having to muck around with this and expensive too,

• 3 weeks later...

Car has just come back from 3 days in at Ford for a second go at them fixing it. When going back in this second time I'd done a bit of research on broken 'mixer arms' and discovered loads of people on here and other websites have had the problem with their BA/BF/FG and terrritory, open to being corrected but understand each of these models shares the exact same climate air heating system. Armed with this info I had a discussion with the local Ford agent when dropping off the car (when they said something about "oh could be flaps, that's an expensive dash out job", I was quickly back at them with that I wouldn't be paying twice for "their well known design fault - google 'falcon fg mixer arm, this is a design issue that you can't keep hitting the customer hard in the pocket for, I'm leaving the car here, if your service manager has any issues get them to give me a call". Was pleased to see they came to the party and got it sorted with no charge to me, was apparently a dash out job, and is so far working as it should.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

Good result mate! Well done on going in armed with the right info and good on the dealer for coming to the party at least. Hopefully all you have to worry about now is how much you enjoy driving your car.