Fg Xr6 Turbo Stall And Keep Shut Off After Tune

mike0819

• Member For: 10y 4m 2d

I will email your tuner. I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with mechanical. You could check the alignment of the throttle plate in the throttle body and make sure it shuts nicely. If it doesn't you undo the screws a teeny, realign with the throttle plate shut and do the screws up, but would most likely only contribute to the problem.

IMO it is the way Ford tuned the FGs after a certain build date. BA to BFs are tuned differently and don't have this issue and from what I can see some early FGs.

And you just cant change those few parameters in the later FG tune to say a BF tune paramenters cause I think there are many other paramemters we don't have access to that would need to be changed for this to be effective.

I just tune my own car, so this is my current theory from my analysis. Its really hard to make heads or tails with this Ford tuning stuff cause there is no instruction manual, the tuning program is reverse engineered and flashing changes to see how things react is very time consuming.

thanks a lot mate, please tell my tuner what should do to fix the rough idle problem, mine idle always seem to drop below 500 rpm, that's where the problem starts to happen, both of us got no idea why it's doing that, I had an ba falcon that the same tuner done before, it has no problem at all, mine fg xr6 turbo is the 2010 version, not sure what mointh, from day 1 I got it tuned, my car starts to drop rev and shut down, I took it back to the tuner , he fix something, seems improving, than it all came back, again. really annoying. I not sure what tune he use, he did not give me an sct box, he only set the tune. also he changed my spark plugs, I not sure if that could also cause the problem, as he gap it around 0.6. I cleaned both of my throttle body and air flow meter recently, no help at all, it would be really helpful if you can let him know what might be cause of it, thanks

• Member For: 17y 10m 1d

there is normally multiple tune strategy's for what appear similar cars, it is wise to always build a tune on the correct strategy.

Your plug gap is too small

• Like 1

there is normally multiple tune strategy's for what appear similar cars, it is wise to always build a tune on the correct strategy.

Your plug gap is too small

what gap I should set at? my tuner told me he set the boost at 1 bar, spark plug gap 0.6, I had some rough idle with the ba falcon when I change the spark plug, a re gap fix the problem. I will try re gap my fg spark plug see if that help

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

Not that its of much help but had a similar problem with my car and sent it back to the tuner until they fixed it. It is in the tune and not the hardware based on my experience. Get your tuner to contact some of the good tuners over here in Aus and some may be willing to offer some advice

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

I emailed your tuner and will await a reply. I can only offer suggestions. As someone said before it is up to the tuner to sort out. If he cant ask him to put the stock injectors and tune back in, refund your money and take it to someone else.

As Ratter said, my first check would be whether he tuned from the original tune strategy or loaded a different strategy tune that still ran the car.

0.6 gap does not help idle either , try .8 to .9mm.

• Like 1

I emailed your tuner and will await a reply. I can only offer suggestions. As someone said before it is up to the tuner to sort out. If he cant ask him to put the stock injectors and tune back in, refund your money and take it to someone else.

As Ratter said, my first check would be whether he tuned from the original tune strategy or loaded a different strategy tune that still ran the car.

Thank you so much for your help mate. Let me know if there.s any update. I will call my tuner Monday see what he can do. Cheers

mate sorry I give you the wrong email address, it's robin@torqueperformance.co.nz , I just speak to my tuner, his a very nice guy, he is very happy to fix my problem, just give him some instruction how you done it cause he got no idea , thanks a lot mate

robin@torqueperformance,co.nz

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

I pointed him in the direction I would go and gave him a copy of a fg tune that gives an excellent return to idle to compare against the latter FG tunes that seem to be problematic in the return to idle area. (note you just cant copy settings from one strategy to another and think its gonna work cause it doesnt but its does show a few areas that were changed in the latter tunes that seem to be the area of concern)

But in giving this info its still a PIA to sort out because having to flash each change to see how it reacts is just so time consuming so whilst it can be improved it may not be perfect.

It is very important to tell us how this goes as we may not be so helpful should you not give a followup.

I pointed him in the direction I would go and gave him a copy of a fg tune that gives an excellent return to idle to compare against the latter FG tunes that seem to be problematic in the return to idle area. (note you just cant copy settings from one strategy to another and think its gonna work cause it doesnt but its does show a few areas that were changed in the latter tunes that seem to be the area of concern) But in giving this info its still a PIA to sort out because having to flash each change to see how it reacts is just so time consuming so whilst it can be improved it may not be perfect. It is very important to tell us how this goes as we may not be so helpful should you not give a followup.

Thanks mate. Has my tuner reply yet? Hope can get this problem sorted soon